9

It took Skaii and Nicholas fifteen minutes to get on the road to school after they collected his car. Skaii and Mr. Harvey spoke almost the entire way there and Nicholas ignored them as if he was in his own world. So far had gathered so far that he was snappy, mean and self absorbed. Just as she knew the entire young adult populous to be. She glanced over at his hard face as he focused on driving, his Mustang ate up the road in front of them. His hair was shorter now, she noted, the last time she saw him, it fell a little at his nape. Now it the sides were cut low and the brown locks were a mess of curls on his head. It was a nice haircut though, it suited him.

"You got your wish princess, what else do you want?" He asked pointedly without looking at her. He must've noticed her lingering gaze.

She rolled her eyes, couldn't he open his mouth and not be so harsh? Granted, it was kind of justified, she did insult his aunt but she still felt the burn from his words each time. She chose to ignore the temper he obviously held and spoke lowly, "So you and Matthew?"

He was silent.

"Are you friends?" She went on to ask.

He didn't answer, he was mute for so long she thought he wouldn't even bother to. "We're far from friends."

"It didn't look that way to m-" She started.

"Why do you care?" He bit out and she shrank back. Those were the exact words she used on him last night. Is Nicholas being petty? "Afraid he'll share your dirty secrets?" He asked with a smirk.

She sighed in defeat. Why did she bother? It didn't matter to her if they were friends? He looked like he had the money to match her step brother's. His house and car were glimmering center pieces, plus he played a sport, just like him.

There was a deep hum as the car rolled into the parking lot of Trinity Vale High. Skaii did not realize that they were so close. Nicholas looked up at mirror the girl behind him who was now sitting in the middle of the seat, she was unconsciously stroking her injured arm with a distant look in her eyes. Without a word, he opened his car door and hopped out. Skaii reached forward to open the door, but it flew open before she could reach it. Nicholas was standing there, holding out his hand.

She looked up at him and then back down to his outstretched hand warily. She didn't mention her injuries to him but somehow he knew she would have trouble getting out of the car.

"I don't have all day." He urged. Hesitantly, she took his hand and regretted it almost instantly. What she felt when their hands met took her by surprise. Her lips parted and she slowly breathed. A wave of heat rushed down her spine.

She quickly to shrug off the feeling as quickly as it came and got to her feet.

Nicholas cleared his throat, completely unaffected. "About last night-" he began to say.

"It didn't happen." She brushed off any other words he had to say, as much as it angered her that he thought she was a slut, it already happened, plus he saved her from Matthew this once so they were even. Nicholas pulled his hand away from her and stood up straight.

He slammed the door shut. "Good, neither did this?" He growled out and strode away. What was that supposed to mean?

Skaii stared after him, mouth agape until he was out of sight. 

Sure enough the full parking lot witnessed their exchange, even though Nicholas was out of sight some girls were still frozen in that direction, starting longingly.

Soon those vultures turned toward her, she was hoping to avoid the prudish eyes but she was standing beside a freaking red Ford Mustang!

Their face glazed over with very new blossoming expressions. Some eyes held a look of pity and best of all ridicule. Oh right- she was supposed to be the girl that almost fell to her death at the hands of her non existent boyfriend.