Chapter 2

ERIC IN MM

Harmoni

I woke up and checked the time. I can't be late for class. I have about a hour or so til its time to leave. I sit up and stretch my arms to wake myself up. I get up and walk in the bedroom to see if Eric is asleep. Empty bed so I walk in the living room to check for him there. I see I'm in a empty house. I roll my eyes to myself and start getting ready for class.

I go to the bathroom to start my morning routine. In about half hour I'm done getting dressed. Im not really in the mood to do much to my hair so I throw it in a messy high bun.

I hear the front door open and I hear bags moving. Yup he must feel extra guilty,  I think to myself

"Babe" Eric yells from downstairs
"What" I say with still a slight attitude

It's like a never ending cycle with this man. It needs to end soon because a person can only take so much.

"Come here please " he says

I slowly walk down the stairs so I can see what he wants. I see so many bags from expensive stores. I just roll my eyes. I already knew it.

"What is all this Eric?" I ask him while looking for my car keys. And also sounding unimpressed

"I'm sorry baby, I thought I would do something nice and hope you forgive me. I also got you so breakfast " Eric says.

He sounds so sincere but I know it's just a matter of time before this same bullshit happens again.

"Well go ahead and eat it alone. And thanks but no thanks to the gifts. You can't buy forgiveness" I say with a attitude and raise my tone a little so he knows I'm serious.

I grab my purse and keys and walk out the door without so much as a goodbye.

I used to let him think the gifts would make everything better. I have a closet and jewelry box full of "forgive me" gifts. If I keep letting him think buying stuff will fix things then pretty soon I won't have places to put everything.

Eric

I just stand there shocked and surprised. Why can't I fix it so easily this time? Usually I can throw a few boxes of shoes, maybe a Michael Kors bag and a few things with diamonds at her and I see that beautiful smile again. I don't even have a new plan I thought it would fix it. Maybe I can try taking her out to a nice place to eat and give us some nice alone time. If she wasn't in school I would plan a nice trip.

I sit on the couch and try to think. I hate my shortly being this mad at me. I need to start really putting my everything back into this marriage now. It's not fair to her anymore.

Just then my phone goes off. I look at it and see my baby mama is calling

"Yo sup Tiff" I say answering the phone
"Hey we gotta talk are you busy?" she asks me

I glance at my watch. I got some spare time until Harmoni gets back home.

"Nah I'm not busy what's up?" I answer
"Can you come thru please you know I rather talk in person" she says irritated
"Aight I'm on my way gimme a few mind" I say then end the call

Damn I know it's some bullshit with Tiffany. She probably don't even really want anything but just in case I'm gonna go. I want to go hit up toys r us first for EJ.

After stopping by the store I pull up in front of Tiffany house and honk the horn. I'm not really feeling going inside. She opens the door and walks out. She looks pissed off but that ain't my problem so she better not make it mine.

"So you not gonna come inside"? She asks
"Nah not today. Plus my son at school I ain't gotta come in" I say as I lean on my car
She shakes her head and says "well we have a problem"
"We?" I laugh
"Yes we just like I said" she rolls her eyes
"Enlighten me on our problem" I'm getting irritated by her mind games

"I'm pregnant and it might be yours"

Each word hit me like a ton of bricks

Harmoni

I actually was very hungry. I just didn't want shit he was giving me. Peace of mind was better than gifts any day. I just don't know how to communicate that to him.

I see a applebees and remember they have that grab and go menu so I pull in the parking lot.

I really handsome light skin guy with green eyes holds the door open for me. I walk in and briefly look at the menu before I tell the hostess what I want and she tells me twenty minutes. Perfect time. I can still make it to class in time and eat. I pay her for my order and sit down and wait.

I notice that sexy ass light skin guy staring at me I flash a nice warm smile but not to nice. He flashes his perfect smile back. I sit and watch the tv on the wall while I wait for my food to be ready.

"HARMONI" I hear the waitress yell.
I grab my food and thank her. Faster than I thought it would be. Might have to come here more often. As I'm walking out the door the light skin guy waves goodbye I nicely wave back

I get back in my car and drive to school.

'Damn he was fine" I say to myself when I'm back in the car.