X

[Comment as you read or answer the questions at the end. don't forget to vote.]

I looked down at the pregnancy test for the 6th time today.
How come?
It's the same result.

☆☆☆
My mom looked at me confused as to why I was eating my food so fast. I grabbed the bowl of Mac n cheese and poured more onto my plate. I then grabbed the bowl filled with greens and did the same. My mom mouth fell opened. I got up and grabbed the mustard from the fridge and applied it to my mash potatoes. I mixed the mash potatoes with my greens and Mac and cheese. My dad looked at me funny. I gave them an innocent smile and placed a spoonful in my mouth.

My eyes rolled to the back of my head with satisfaction. My mother finally spoke up,

"Beyoncé slow down. The food isn't going anywhere"

I quickly swallowed, "yes it is. It's going in my tummy"

She side eyed me, "Keep playing Giselle"

I laughed and continued to eat. Soon dinner was done with. I stood in the kitchen helping my mom clean the mess up from earlier. My mom kept throwing glances at me.

"what?" I asked

She shook her head, "nothing Beyoncé. But why were u so hungry today?"

"I was hungry. I haven't ate all day. And plus I haven't even eaten dinner last night. And dad made us run today. Rehearsals had me stressed"

"and what was the purpose of u throwing up?"

I sighed, "because," I paused, "because I ran on an empty stomach"

"mhm"

"momma seriously stop"

I walked out the kitchen heading up to my room scared. I laid down on my bed looking up at the ceiling fan.

Theyre going to kill me. I know they are. Especially my mom. My life is officially over with. I got up and went in my bathroom and pulled out another test for the 3 third time today. I just had to make sure. I peed on it and let it sit for however long it told me. The minutes passed and I looked at it. It read:

Pregnant.

I sighed in disbelief. I wrapped it up and threw it away. I exited out my room heading downstairs. I heard my mom and dad talking. I stood by the stairway listening to their conversation and surprisingly it wasn't about me. I appeared in front of them. They stopped talking and looked at me.

"uh Um can I talk to y'all real quick please?"

They looked at each other and nodded. I turned around walking to the living room. My parents sat down on the couch. I sat down on the wooden table playing with my shirt.

"what is it beyonce?" my dad asked

I tried my best to avoid eye contact. I took a deep breath. I mean these are my parents they aren't going to judge me.

Right?

"Um well I gotta tell y'all something"

"okay" they both said at once

I looked up then back at them I sighed, "well um-i'm no longer on my pills"

My mom's eyes widened, "why?"

"because"

"because what beyonce?" my mother asked

"i don't know" I replied truthfully