The past is coming back

Juniper's POV

It's so good to be back home with mom and dad, and things are starting to get back to normal. The only thing was every night I would have this memory, or like a nightmare, seeing Shan and Sage together, then I wake up panting. I look over to Sage and realize that she's all I need, that and mom and dad. Tonight I woke up and saw Shan standing outside the cave, I quickly yelled for my dad.

"Dad!" I yelled as loud as I could. he quickly ran out of the cave to see if I was okay.

"What is it, Juniper" he asked me as he looked up and saw Shan.

"I'm not here to cause trouble" he explained.

"What do you want then?" My dad asked in an angry tone.

"I need to talk with Sage, alone" he told dad, but this only made him more angry. When he said this mom walked out to see what was going on. She quickly put her defenses up and was ready for anything.

"Why do you think we would ever let you be alone with one of our daughters, again" mom asked in the same tone dad was using.

"It's not what you think I-" he tried to explain but dad cut him off.

"And do tell me what I think, do I think that your gonna hurt my girls again, or lie to them about something that will take them away, and hurt them even more" mom said in a sarcastic and equally as angry.

"No, I just wanted to tell Sage about Bash, when he came back to the pack he was injured, by one of our rival packs when he ran away, he's in really bad shape.I just wanted to know is if you wanted to see him before he, you know." He said the last part in an almost silent voice.

I looked at Sage, her heart was completely shattered.

Then Shan looked at me "you know I still love you" he told me.

"How is it every time I remember hearing that it always made my heart skip a beat, but when I hear those words coming from your mouth now, it makes me so angry I want to stomp on yours" I replied, with my voice breaking.

I saw a tear come from his eye and before he ran away.

Sage's POV

When Shan told me about Bash my heart broke, and I wanted to see him.

"I want to see him" I told Juniper.

"Okay, we'll go in the morning" she answered.

We went back to the cave and I cried myself to sleep. The next morning we headed off back to the pack.

"I see them" Juniper told me.

I ran through the crowd and walked up to Bash.

"Bash?" I said quietly.

"Sage" he said in a weak yet hopeful tone.

"I missed you" I told him.

"Missed you even more" He said right back, we used to do that all the time when we were together.

"How're you feeling?" I asked him.

"I've felt better" even when he was hurt, he still had his seance of humor.

"I hope you can forgive me" I told him, while my voice was breaking.

"What did I tell you, no matter what you say or do, I can never stay mad at you" he told me.

"I love you" I told him.

"I love you more" he said, he then closed his eyes, and passed on.

I started to cry, when I felt Juniper come up to me to comfort me.

"Don't worry sis, I'll always be here for you" she told me.