The bets chapter of our lives

Shira's POV

It's been 2 years since Bashed died, I can tell that Sage still misses him, but she found someone else. So did Juniper, and she has a cub on the way. Diego and I have been together a lot more since we don't have to worry about the girls anymore and we trust their mates.

"Hey, you okay?" Diego asked as he stared into my eyes.

"Yeah, I was just thinking, after all we went through how did we end up like this, so happy?" I answered.

"We deserve it, after all the drama, we need a little peace and quiet." He told me.

"I know, but think about it, we're gonna be grandparents" I said with excitement but even then I was nervous, I don't know how Juniper will react to the parenting lifestyle, I know it was really hard for Diego and I to adjust to it too.

"I never thought this day would come" he said.

"Me either" I replied.

"Hey guys!" I herd Sage yell, as she ran up to us.

"Sage, wait for me, I can't run that fast!" I herd Juniper yell in response, oh how the tables have turned.

"Ha, the irony!" Sage exclaimed.

"Oh whatever, it's hard being pregnant!" Juniper replied.

"How are you feeling Juniper?" I asked.

"Goos except for the fact that my only sister has no sympathy." She yelled so that Sage could hear.

"I am just trying to be fair!"Sage yelled back.

"Will you girls stop that!It feels like you're cubs again." I nagged.

"Don't worry mom we're happier than ever" juniper assured me.

"Yeah, I mean, we have completely matured" Sage added.

"Yeah sure" Diego said with sarcasm. This made us all laugh, and at these times we forge the heartbreak and sorrow we've been through, and I hope we have more moments like this to come.