OS: Hopeless Nights

This is a following of Piccolo's thoughts after the last OS's events.
-----

I do not leave her side. Her hand is less than a foot away from mine at all times. In case I need to to take it. It case we need to run.

I'll keep her safe, at any cost.

Her eyes, they're still gone. They've become distant now. She never looks at me anymore. Just through me.

She says he was going to kill her soon, due to her lack of compliance. After she had the kid he wanted.

I was almost too late.

I swear. I'll kill him.

I hold her hand, but the warmth is gone. I kiss her lips, but the recognigion, the familiarity is gone. Her thoughts are far far away, aboard a large ship dictated by a small man. The man who stole her life away.
I fought to take it back.
I thought I had won.

Late at night, when I hold her close, and stare up at the ceiling, I feel the tears on my chest.

Slow and silent, she always moves in closer to me, gripping the hem of that night's shirt. I let her know that I am there, squeeze her tightly, rub her back, kiss her head as she hiccups herself to sleep. Me? I don't sleep.

How do you sleep when the woman you love is broken? A shadow of the joys she used to be? How do you sleep when you so vividly remember her smiling face, wondering if you'll ever see that side of her again?

I won't let go. Not ever.

Her smile slowly comes back to her, as her hands find themselves linked behind my neck as I kiss her, just like always.

As we kiss, she cries, remembering everything we had before 'The Incident', and I pull her in closer, wiping her tears away, and kissing her harder.

"I love you, she mumbles in between kisses.

"Everything will be okay." I tell her. "I promise."

"I believe you."