OS: Standing in the Door Frame

Piccolo's P.o.V

I hear the music emanating from her room. It plays softly, and I can hear her humming along. 

I lean in her doorway, watching as she does her make up in the mirror. She can't stand still for even a moment as she sways back and forth, completely oblivious to my presence. 

She  applies whatever with some fancy brush.

"Don't worry baby...

Everything will turn out.. "

I smile as she sings.

"And if you knew 

how much I loved you,

baby, nothing could go wrong with you."

I chuckle at the lyrics, accidentally startling her.

She looks up at me and glares.

"How long were you there?" She viciously clicks a button on the remote. She clenches it tightly, her fingers going white, and her face red.

"Don't worry Baby, everything will turn out."

She half glares, half glares at me. 

"Don't be upset," I take the remote from her hand and press play, then set her hands on my shoulders, and place my own on her waist. 

I pull her in close, holding her tightly as she lies her head on my chest. 

I grin, closing my eyes, comfortable and relaxed in one quiet moment.

I open one eye to the feeling of wet tears.

"Princess, what's wrong?"

She smiles up at me. "Nothing! I just never thought... I never imagined that I'd be back here... with you."

Her words mean the world to me. I need to act upon them.

No! Not yet idiot! Wait until dinner tonight!

I decide this moment is just as good as any other, if not, better. It's a genuine moment in time and my nerves aren't half bad.

"Hey, so this is rather blunt, but I had bought this before the whole "Vegeta-Frieza" thing had happened, and I was waiting for the perfect moment, and I suppose now is just as good as any other, and, so, um, I was wondering if you'd, maybe, marry me? Maybe?" Some how, I am on one knee.

She seems shocked.

I wait for a response.

She just stares at me.

"(Y/n), you can respond any time now."

She briefly shakes her head, and a surge of panic washes through me. 

Oh my Kami, she's saying no!

"Sorry! I was just so shocked! I don't even have to think about it! Of course!"

Oh my Kami, she's saying yes!

"Really?"

"Yes, of course!"

"Oh, thank Kami."

She laughs and pulls me up, and I envelope her into a hug.

We both smile ear to ear.

"Man, that was really hard..."