Another Chance

I sighed as I sat in front of the grave of the one who had left this world years ago. "I-if only I.....I-I....could reset time" I cried as I thought of her beautiful face. "I wish I could take it all back". Suddenly everything went black. I was startled by the sudden change in my surroundings. "Wh-where in the world?!". A golden box appeared in front of me.

It was the reset button. Of course I was now aware of the resets. "Th-the reset button?..." I muttered as I tried to analyze the situation. I gasped as a thought hit me. "I-I...I could bring her back...". My eyes flooded with tears of joy as I reached for the reset button. Then everything reset. I didn't care that I'd have to do it all over again I just knew that if I did she would come back.

  But sadly with resets not everything can go back with it. And yet again I was at my post, on patrol for humans. there was a huge slam cling from farther in the forest. I teleported behind her as she walked forward. Would she remember me? Will I have to watch her demise all over again? Will this act come with consequences?, these were the questions I asked myself but I didn't care for answers at the moment. As she walked to the gate I reached out my hand.

"Hey, don'tcha know who to greet a new pal?" She turned. "Heya, sweetheart-". I choked on my words in shock. There was no way. She was supposed to come back! I was supposed to see her again!. In front of me stood not frisk but someone else.