BOOK 1, CH. 6: The Runaway Thief

*photo: The picture of Aang
Book 1: Earth
Chapter 6: The Runaway Thief

- At Shuuba village, a very small fishing village at the southest point of the earth Kingdom

The gang had now arrived at the most edge of the earth kingdom, and they were hoping to find a boat to Whale Tail Island.

"Over there!" Makei pointed to a small ticket shed, a frowning man dressed in green clutching his hair sat there behind a desk. There was a big banner written on blocky letters on the shed that reas:

"Discount ferries! To Snake Eye Island, Horse Shoe Island and Whale Tail Island!"

"YESSSS!" Fung jumped up and cheered. "We've found our ride!"

He ran up to the ticked shed.

"Excuse me sir, but when does the ferry heading to Whale Tail Island leave?" Fung asked. The old man who sat there seemed uniterested and was picking at his big toe.

"Sorry young lad, but the ferry to Whale Tail Island stopped over a year ago. Must've forgot to cross that out on the sign. But! If you're looking for a holiday getaway, Snake Eye Island and Horse Shoe Island are also some prettay good options! The price will be 20 silver coins for each person!"

"Thanks, but no thanks." Fung grumbled in disappointment. Makei came up from behind.

"Please! Are you sure there's not a ferry!" Makei exclaimed. Then she suddenly dragged Mae from behind.

"She's the avatar! And we've got urgent business!"

The man frowned. "Sorry kids, I would help if I could if I'm afraid I can't. More than a year ago a group of serious looking men came here and forced me to close the ferry to whale tail island! And I said- well you can't-"

"Ok ok yeh yeh," Makei cut in annoyed.

"What happened after that?" Mae asked calmly.

"I have no idea." He shrugged. "If you ask me its a bit suspicious. I mean- a bunch of creepy guys in robes just-"

"Thanks for your help anyways." Mae let out a sigh and started walking away.

"But wait!" He called from the counter, his head popping out like a jack in a box. "On the other dock, this lady hires fishin' boats. If ya reallay wanna get there, I suppose you can get there by boat. That is, if you got good navigation skills."

Their eyes all lit up.

"Thank you!" Makei called.

They walked towards dock 2, another somewhat smaller dock nearby. This dock mostly had private boats floating tied up to wooden stumps.
Then, there was a counter with a banner that read 'Aunt Mu's fishing boat hire'

"Aha!" Makei called. Then she sneered as she saw the rusting old boats.

They walked up to the desk only to find-

"GAHHHHH!!!)" No one's here! What is wrong with our luck!" Fung screamed high pitchedly and many nearby gave him the eyeball.

"Hm, we do seem to have bad luck today," muttered Mae.

She walked up to a fisherman tying up a boat nearby.

"Excuse me, but do you know when Aunt Mu will come? The man scratched his head.

"Ah, Aunt Mu. If your looking for her, she went to get lunch a few hours ago and she hasn't come back since. Bit strange." Then he turned back to his boat.