Heat

It's cold. That's as much as I can tell you, that's as much as I  felt. Everything appeared muted and seemed to move in slow motion. Did that bitch push me? That bitch pushed me. And there she sat panicking with the rest of them like she cared.

I looked at my body, well what I saw of it surrounded by my classmates. I'm dead, in case that little detail missed you, heck I found it hard to believe myself and I'm witnessing it.

I watched the colour drain from my big toe right before my eyes and yet I still can't grasp the concept. Shouldn't I be going somewhere? Do I know the meaning of life now? Shouldn't there have been this big flash of light that someone warns me not to go to? Or maybe not. Only this weirdo staring at me with a smile on his face.

Wait, what?!

I jumped back, stumbling on my own feet. The weirdo laughed standing from his crouched position and walked towards me.

"Who are you?" I tried saying but nothing came out.

"Shh, stay still." He commanded coming to a stop in front of me. For a weirdo he was attractive. Mist grey eyes, charcoal black hair that curled at his brow and pink lips that curled into a cocky smirk. If I weren't dead, I would be blushing. Or did dead people blush in shades of blue?

My eyes searched his, trying to grasp what was happening. Is he another ghost, like me? Is he here to take me to wherever ghosts go?

"Shh." He repeated placing a finger to his lips. Can he hear my thoughts? Another smirk from him confirmed that.

Without a warning, he jabbed me in the chest tipping me off balance and pulling me towards him before I fell.

"This will sting a little." And then his lips covered mine. I was so shocked at first I didn't notice the warmth. The sudden warmth that increased to an intense burn coursing from my lips to every part of me. I wanted to get away. I kicked and scratched at him trying to escape the unbearable heat. But he held me fast to him.  My legs kicking out beneath me several inches from the ground, my eyes shut and a sick feeling bubbling in my chest up, to my throat and out my mouth. I'm going to hell, was all I could think.

I sat up water spurting from my mouth and over my chin and chest. I coughed trying to get air into my lungs my eyes watering and blurring my vision. Someone held me down trying to keep me still.

I was back. I was alive. Or was all that happened just then a hallucination? But it felt so real. I could still feel warmth coursing through my body even though I was soaking wet. Yet I still trembled.

"Give her room, people!" Someone ordered. I looked up to see the weirdo from my hallucination. A smirk graced his lips when his eyes met mine. And then I was out.