Hi, I'm Death

When I came to, I found myself in a generic hospital room. Pastel walls, beeping machines, lumpy mattress. The works. I was totally drained and my body ached. The warmth that coursed through me before had completely disappeared and I felt, well, normal.

My mother had already made herself be known by the time I had awakened. Giving everyone but the janitor a piece of her mind. My father, nowhere to be found, as usual.

"Clair," my mother whispered tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear, "I'll go get your things together so we can leave."

I nodded in response and watched as she left the room mumbling to herself.

I lay back onto the pillows and stared up at the ceiling fan. Everything that had happened up to this moment came rushing back.

I had drowned at a pool party hosted by the ever popular, and the bitch who pushed me, Aria Sparks. And while I was "dead", still not convinced on that point, I kind of saw things. Or more accurately I saw someone.

My thoughts wandered to the weirdo who kissed me and a shiver ran down my spine. Who was he? Did I really just hallucinate about a complete stranger?

The sound of a door clicking shut pulled me from my reverie and I automatically closed my eyes feigning sleep.

"Clarissa, I know you're not asleep." An unknown yet familiar male voice chimed with a low chuckle.

"No, I'm sleeping," I replied Not opening my eyes.

"Or are you dead?" The voice questioned sending a shiver through me. I sat up suddenly, recognising the voice from the deep recesses of my mind. And there he was, grey eyes all a twinkle, Mr Weirdo himself.

"You." I choked trying to get as far away from him as possible. An amused smile graced his lips,  and he walked forward to sit at the foot of my bed ignoring my evident fear.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." he smiled amusedly then continued leaning forward  slightly, "Not really."

I just stared at him, I was in too much shock to say anything.

"Looking good for someone who just died." He remarked giving me a once over. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Rosy cheeks too." He beamed causing the heat in my cheeks to increase.

"You're real?" I finally choked out. He chuckled not answering my question.

"Oh great, am I hallucinating right now?" I thought to myself and pinched my arm to see if that would snap me out of it. Or does that only work for dreams?

"I get that, a lot too."

"Wh-who in the name of baby Jay-Jay are you?" I snapped suddenly. My patience was running thin and I was scared out of my wits. Yet señor weirdo was not phased by my sudden outburst.

His face lost all expression and grey eyes locked with mine. I couldn't look away I couldn't move. There was this sense of power rolling off of him in waves and it held me in place, halted my breathing. A shiver coursed through me and I felt my hands grasp the sheets.

"My names are too many to mention." He replied. I felt the same power in his voice his hold on me seemed to grow tighter, he wasn't even touching me but it felt like he was.

My eyes blurred and I felt a lump form in my throat. This was all so unreal. This was not normal. I've seen enough supernatural shows and read enough books to know that.

Was I under some kind of compulsion?

"What-a-are-you?" I forced the words out of my mouth sucking in shallow shaky breaths with every utterance.

"Death." He whispered his words washing over me like an icy breeze. My pulse quickened instantly and my breath came quick and shallow. I couldn't breathe.

What he said rang through my ears over and over again.

Death.

Death.

Death.

I couldn't take it. I ran from my bed ripping my self from whatever contraptions I was connected to, and headed for the door.

Tears fell in thick streams down my face and fear gripped my stomach. I wanted to throw up so bad. With no care for my current mode of dress, I made a mad dash down the halls my mouth filling with that sour bile taste. I needed to get away.

I ignored the calls of concern and shock and tried to find my way to an exit. I didn't dare turn back to see if he was following me. I knew he was.

And at that moment I ran into someone who held on to me stopping me suddenly. I gasped in shock and fought to escape again.

"Hey, hey Clair, easy." A familiar voice soothed trying to get me under control. I looked up into the green eyes of my father and released a relieved sob.

"Daddy." I whimpered grasping on to his jacket and burying my face in his shirt. He held me close pulling me into his lap like he did when I was younger and I was scared.

"It's okay, it's okay." He whispered petting my hair. "Daddy's here now. Daddy's here." 

That used comfort me then, but it did nothing for me now. Not when I could feel the gaze of death on the back of my neck.

A chill ran down my spine and my father Berks me tighter mistaking it for a sob.

"It's going to be okay." He reassured.

No, it's not.

------------------------------------------------------

Well, that took a while, didn't it? What the heck did I just write though?
Oh, where are my manners?
Hi, I'm Boabee19. Nice to meet you.
I hope you're enjoying this because I sure as heck enjoyed writing it.
It's been a while and I'm a bit rusty so be gentle.
Excuse my errors and yes you may point it out to me.
Vote, comment, add to your reading list it would be much appreciated.
😊