Nice to Meet You

I continued to stare at the spot where the girl stood, trying to figure out what had just happened and getting more confused by the minute. Maisie tapped my shoulder breaking the spell I was under and we continued walking to class.

"Did you see that girl just now?" I questioned her as we made our way into the school building. I looked at the spot she had been in one last time, hoping to catch a glimpse of her, as weird as she was.

"What girl? Which girl?" she asked shifting the weight of her bag to her other shoulder, "There was a lot of girls on that field."

"The one that-." I began before stopping midsentence and laughed, "Never mind,"

She probably, Most likely than probably, didn't see anything or the girl wasn't there altogether. It wouldn't be the first time I saw things that weren't really there. In fact, me mentioning those things was the reason my best friend, now ex-best friend, hightailed it out of my life as fast her designer boots would take her. But that's a story for another day.

I pushed what happened from my mind and focused on attempting to get through the rest of my school day and eventually the week. The latter made easy, seeing as I had a lot to catch up on from what I missed out on at school, and I spent a lot of my time at the library if not at my or Maisie's house. I welcomed the added work, it kept me distracted from constantly looking over my shoulder every time a cold shudder coursed through my body. But it did nothing to block out the constant stares and whispers that followed me through out the day. Being the girl who claimed to come back from the dead, with the help of death himself, kind of made one a celebrity at high school.

Maisie and I didn't I have many classes together so I was pretty much alone most of the time and would only see her in the only two classes we shared or when we went to one another's house to study and play catch-up with all the work we missed at the start of the school term. But even with all the distractions, the bad dreams still continued.

I woke with a start drenched in sweat and gasping for air my hands wrapped around my neck fighting of invisible hands my body still convinced I was in the realm of dreams. As the last wisps of my dream faded away and my breathing slowed, I tried as I usually do, to remember the details of my dream to no avail. The details were still unclear except for this new sensation of fingers tightly gripping my neck. I trembled touching my neck gingerly. It felt so real.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yawning, I made my way to my locker pulling my jacket closer to me trying to shake the cold feeling that buried all the way to my bones. The feeling that I'm being watched was especially strong today and I almost had to physically fight to keep myself from looking behind me every step I took. With much effort, I pushed the feeling to the back of my mind. Today was not a day for paranoia, not like any other day was.

I opened my locker gathering my books for my first classes before lunch just as my phone chimed announcing the arrival of a new message, most likely Maisie telling me to get my ass to class. I laughed to myself as I read exactly that and replied with an "I'm on my way" before closing my locker and sliding my phone into my bag's side pocket. I had just turned to walk to my class when I got the piercing feeling that some one was eyeing me. Before I could push the feeling aside I had already made an abrupt turn to find the girl from the field staring directly at me a few feet away in the crowded hallway.

I had barely taken a step in her direction when she turned away making a mad dash down the hall and around a corner no one the least bit concerned about her pushing past them almost as if she went right through them. I tried following her but soon lost her in the crowd as the bell rang and everyone rushed to their classes pushing against me and blocking my path. My phone chimed again from my bag and I grabbed it to see a text from Maisie, reminding me that I had a class which I was now late for if I didn't make a run for it. I shrugged off another cold shudder took a deep breath and made a run for it for my class on the other side of the school.

Miraculously, I made it in time and slid into my seat next to Maisie who eyed me a look of confusion lining her round face

"You're damn lucky." she laughed watching me struggle to catch my breath. I laugh through my gasps wiping sweat from my brow and straightening my jacket (despite my recent excursion I was still cold). Just then our history teacher came into view in the doorway the principal close behind her. Ms Liao, a plump, petite forty something Taiwanese woman, with a patent obsession for fifty's fashion and bright red lipstick, turned to our school's principal, a large but not too tall man with a red beard and wire rimmed glasses. He kind of reminded me of a mixture between Santa Claus and a lumberjack. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he mummers something to her and they both glance towards the door several times. By that time I lost interest with the interaction happening in-front of me and began rummaging through my bag for my notebook and a pen.

Ms Liao cleared her throat silencing the class instantly.

"Good morning," She greeted wearing her usual cheerful smile, "Before we begin our lesson, I would a new student to the class."

There was a slight mummer of curiosity as she said that.

"Oh, a new student," Maisie cooed in a whisper, "I wonder if it's a hot guy."

I rolled my eyes still rummaging through my bag for a pen, I swear I put one in here this morning.

"Please come in Mr Smith."

"Mr Smith?" Maisie repeated under her breath.

"Stop it," I warned still rummaging.

Suddenly the class went into a series of excited murmurs most likely because our new classmate entered the classroom. Ms Liao quieted down the class with some effort and then encouraged whoever was in front the classroom, I didn't care to look, to go ahead with his introduction.

"Hi," A voice hummed, "I'm Ray"

A shiver ran through my body at the sound of his voice and I slowly raised my head to lock eyes with death. He looked directly at me smirking mischievously.

"Nice to meet you."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

And finally, she puts out the fourth part. What do you think? Feedback is welcomed, it is sooooo welcomed. Comment and tell me all about it and don't forget to vote and add Death's Disciple to your library. 

Thanks for reading so far and I hope you continue... Please continue.