The Cold Girl

There he was in my class, in my school. And here I was, cornered with nowhere to hide, nowhere to run. Months had gone by without him showing up despite my constant looking over my shoulder, and just when I was starting to feel relaxed again ( well as relaxed as a person diagnosed with paranoia can get), here he shows up in all his splendour when I least expect him to. We stared at each other a look of amusement on his face and probably the look of a dying fish on mine.

"Clair," a voice called sounding warped and far away.

"Clair." It called again

Maisie yanked my sleeve causing me to jump knocking over my chair with the sudden movement. the class busted out in a wave of laughter and Ms Liao attempted to quiet them down. At some point, I had stood up and my bag lay spilt over on the floor in-front of me.

"Clair, is there a reason why you're standing?" Ms Liao asked giving me a concerned look.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"Are you dying again?" Aria jeered with fake concern from the back of the class. Everyone laughed as if on cue and Ms Liao silenced them with a raise of her hand sending a look of disapproval in "the queen bee's" direction. Directing her gaze back to me she stepped in front of her desk.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"No!" I replied a bit too loudly, "I mean y-yes."

"Would you like to go to the nurse's?" a look of pity crosses her features, "The counsellor?"

She thinks I'm crazy too.

I shake my head, "No."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine." I turn to see someone had already returned my seat to its original position and sat down quickly gathering the contents of my bag.

"Weeeeeirdooooo!" Aria singsonged from where she sat.

"That's enough." Ms Liao said from infant the class. She then turned her attention to Ray telling him to sit wherever he pleased, he chose to sit at the very front of the class, and proceeded with her class.

 She then turned her attention to Ray telling him to sit wherever he pleased, he chose to sit at the very front of the class, and proceeded with her class

Maybe, if I shut my eyes real tight, when I open them he'll be gone. I opened my eyes and looked in Ray's direction. He sat there diligently taking notes, and despite the fact that he was a new student, raising his hand to answer questions posed to the class.

Why was he even here? Did he come back to finish me off, take back the life I was given? Even so, why would he? He was the one who brought me back in the first place unless he changed his mind. And this damn cold, I shivered pulling my jacket closer to me trying to get warm, was it because of him? It's been following me constantly from the moment I woke up this morning. Exactly the opposite feeling of the heat that enveloped me when he kissed me. A slight warmth spread across my cheeks and tips of my ears as I thought about it. He looked over his shoulder and gave me a playful wink, suggesting that he read my thoughts. I sank back into my chair and hid behind my hair. I need to get out of here.