Chapter 17

The first battle against the enemy bosses had ended in total defeat, with a total death count of over 120,901 which was made up of both the players and the AI units the reports would say about 1 day later. Kirito was still stunned about what had happened a few minutes later after he respawned but as he looked around the throne room for his castle, he couldn't believe how fast they had fell to the enemy AI in such a short time span, so much so that the wait for respawning players had a que for at lest a minimum of 10 minutes.

But now that he was respawned, he was determined to gather another army up and then quickly go back to attack again. He hoped that many other player lords and ladies would join him on this attack and he hoped that the others had respawned as well.

But as he looked outside, he didn't see any of the others around the castle nor had he seen them walking about inside. If anything, the castle looked far more empty that it had previously before the battle and as he slowly walked around and looked about him, he watched as a few NPC's looked over at him as a few even bowed to him.

But what he needed to do right now was to build up an army and his defenses and fast and he couldn't do it all by himself. He would need the help of his friends in order to get everything done swiftly and as it should be.

Just then, he heard a shout behind him and Kirito whipped around to see Klein on the ground on his hands and knees as he then heard Klein say in despair, "What... utter... defeat!"

"Jeez, Klein... don't do that on me so suddenly.." said Kirito as he heaved a sigh before he walked over to his friend and said, "We'll just have to get better and have a bigger army next time."

Klein looked up as he then sniffled one last time before he finally stood back up and as he looked around, he then sighed as he said, "That waiting que is also horrendous.. the amount of players gone in such a short time span... its insane!"

"Yeah, I saw..." said Kirito before then Leafa appeared as she sighed and said, "That was too long.. say, who did we lose?"

"Everyone..." suddenly said Agil as he respawned suddenly and as he looked around, he sighed as he then rolled his shoulders with his axe over them as he then said, "Guess we gotta rebuild... and fast it seems..."

Then, Silica, and Lisbeth popped up and as they both looked around, everyone seemed to be there but as Kirito looked around, he then realized that they were missing Sinon and as he looked around, he then asked the others, "Where is Sinon?"

Everyone looked around them as some of them even checked their group before they all looked to Kirito and Silica asked him, "Did you see what happened to Sinon?"

Kirito shook his head when then Yui appeared and as she zipped down to his shoulders, he then watched her frown as she landed as she then said, "Daddy... I... have some bad news..."

"Sinon... when you died... Sinon was captured by the enemy..."

Everyone stared at the little sprite girl as she fiddled with her dress as she then said, "The Prince of Darkness, more specifically..."

No one said a word at this news and as everyone thought about this, Kirito then asked her, "How long were you able to be there before you had to come back here?"

"For only 5 minutes..." told Yui.

And then suddenly they heard the gates groan open and as everyone ran over, they watched as a single messenger appeared as he said, "My lords! The Portal! A tide of evil is coming straight towards us!"

"Looks like we need to get men out right now!" shouted Klein as he suddenly raced towards the barracks with both Agil and Leafa.

"I'll go summon some militia at the village, so we have at least something!" said Silica as then she sprouted her wings and flew off.