Arrive

I'm back! I was told that the website has been taken down so I will be posting again. But, I want to know from you guys if you think I should add some change to the book or not. It's your choice, I will be leaving the first chapter as it is, but if you guys want some changes this chapter will stay the same

I sped up on my solar surfer as fast as I could to the docks. I passed many constructions and disgusting space monsters with more than one eye or any other body parts and organs. Sometimes I'd get the robot police chase me but I managed to shake them off. And I passed a couple of angry pedestrians, but as usual, I merely passed them. I was running late for the RLS Legacy. Amelia is gonna kill me. Literally, kill me! The last time I was late I never left my room since October. And here I thought cats were sweet. Today was the day where we set sail to a mysterious planet called Treasure Planet. I've heard stories on the Planet about a nefarious pirate by the name of Captain Nathaniel Flint, he was the well-known thief in the galaxy who vanishes without a trace, it is known that he hides his treasure on the planet. Many archaeologists have tried to find the planet but no one succeeded. Until now. Amelia told me that a boy named Jim Hawkins found the map to Flint's trove, the loot of a thousand worlds. When she told me I jumped up and down and begged her to take me with her.

And if I don't hurry up, I'll miss seeing the new crew!

I tried speeding up a bit more until I saw the docks in view. People stopped to look up to see me surf over to the ship and I showed off a little by doing some flips. When my feet landed on the deck I tried to slip into my room until I ran into somebody.

"Care to explain why you're late," the familiar accent of my guardian was said.

"I'm sorry Captain. I tried to get here as fast as I could."

"Save the excuses. As your punishment, you'll be working with the ships cook, Mr. Silver."

"The cook," I raised my eyebrow. She knows what happens when I'm in the kitchen, I gave myself ten scars.

"Yes. Now, go unpack and come back when you're done," she said sternly and spun around on her heels and walked away.

Instead of unpacking, I climbed the main mast and sat at the top of the ship. The gust of wind blew through my jet black hair, the fresh air felt exhilarating as the crew worked below.

"Laila! Front and center!"

I looked down below and saw Amelia and Mr. Arrow were standing in front of two figures. I grabbed a rope and swung down with a front flip at ease. When I landed in front of the two their mouths were wide open.

One was a dog-like creature with a giant yellow fat suit. He had on glasses and a fully stuffed backpack. Next to him was a boy about my age with a small braid in the back of his head and a smaller backpack than the dogs.

"Gentleman, this is my adoptive daughter Laila La Rue. She is also my third in command."

The dog-like creature grabbed my hand and shook it slowly with a bright smile on his face.
"Hello, Ms. La Rue. I'm Dr. Delbert Doppler, the financier of this establishment."

"Pleased to meet you."

"And this is Jim Hawkins," he moved aside to the boy and he put out his hand for me to shake. I gladly shook it as Delbert continued.

"Jim is the boy who found the treasure--"

Before he could finish, Amelia grabbed his mouth immediately before the crew could hear the conversation. It's obvious that he's never dealt with pirates.

"I'd like to have a word with you in my study."

We went to her study where she told them about how the crew was ludicrous. Doppler was about to argue until Amelia requested to see the map. When Jim tossed it to Amelia she inspected it for a second before tossing it to me and motioned to the cupboard behind me, telling me to lock it up. When I caught it I inspected it as well. It was a golden sphere with markings on it. I did as Amelia said and tossed her the key to the cupboard.

While she was talking to Dobbler, I saw Jim touching one of Amelia's nicknacks. I slapped his hand away from the object and glared at him for his lack of manners.

"Mr. Arrow, please take Jim and Laila to the galley where they will be working for our cook, Mr. Silver."

"What,"I and Jim said in unison.

__________________________