In My Head

thegemfinder after four years of not posting I made sure that your @ was in here because I remembered you being the first to like my last post. Thank you for your support.

Laila P.O.V

After what happened with Silver we all huddled together to come up with a plan.

So far, all of our ideas hit rock bottom.

"Everyone," Amelia said aloud in her weak voice, "we must all stay together and..."

When she trailed off her eyes began to slowly flutter shut.

"And what? What!?" Dobler asked, raising his voice at Amelia with such anxiety.

"You have such wonderful eyes," she said in a hushed delicate tone before her eyes fluttered shut.

"She has lost her mind!" He hollered to the heavens in despair.

"Well then help her! You can help her right?" I asked desperately as I grasp onto Amelia's hand tightly.

"Dang it, Laila, I'm and astronomer not a doctor! I mean—no I am a doctor but not that kind of doctor with all the medicine and doohickeys. I have a doctorate but you can't help anyone with a doctorate, you just sit there and you're useless!" Dobbler ranted frantically as he put his face into his hands.

Jim awkwardly hovered by his side, patting his shoulder as a way to reassure him as he said, "It's okay, doc."

But he was wrong, things are not ok.

Amelia is hurt, we have nothing to defend ourselves, our only exit is surrounded. All alternatives that I could think of ended terribly. All we're dead ends.

"Without the map we die...but if we leave then we're dead...and if we stay here..." Jim trailer off as he rubbed his chin thinking about every approach.

"We're dead! Dead! Dead! Dead!" Morph cheers around Jim's head. I could see the frustration grow on Jim's face. Morph noticed it too in the middle of his tirade, he instantly stopped and whimpered like a puppy being scolded.

Morph sucker over to me and nuzzled into my neck for comfort. I gave him a small rub on the top of his head to comfort him, but my eyes never left Jim as he paced around the room.

I took this chance to sit up and approach Jim carefully. Once I got closer I realized he was mumbling under his breath of what I assume are ideas on how to get out of here.

"Maybe we could have morph turn into the map again and trick them into thinking it's the real thing to buy us some time. But then there's the possibility of them taking morph before activating it and we lose Morph, plus I don't know if morph word be willing to cooperate..." he mumbled.

Honestly I started to feel bad. I have no idea how we can possibly wiggle out of this one. All possibilities lead to dead ends or more obstacles that could end horribly.

"Well I think it's safe to say that Jimmy could use a little quiet time," Ben cut in beside me, " so I'll just slip out through the back door."

At first I had brushed off what Ben had said and tried to brain storm more ways of getting out. However once it hit me, Jim had caught on as well. Our heads snapped towards Ben as he happily skipped towards the back of the room.

"Back door?"

"Oh yeah," Ben rambled on as he was struggling to open a hatch on the ground that I had assumed was a rock.

Jim and I hurried over towards Ben and helped push the hatch over. Once we did we were immediately taken aback from the miles of piping and wires leading down into the planet.