3

2011

The sucky thing about not being in college, was having to find a job. And living in Minnesota made it even harder to be a successful cinematographer. My YouTube career had picked up bit. From the debunks to original works, I was making a bit of bank. An original piece I was working on now, was about a young artist who eventually becomes blind and commits suicide in a beautifully tragic way.
My parents let me live with them, since apartment rates were at an all time high. With the money I made from YouTube, I paid rent and helped buy better equipment for Dakota and I to use. It was amazing to see Dakota blossom. His channel had boomed after he made his first Ghost Adventures spoof. Dakota would do everything by himself. From making the script, to shot planning, to directing/ bossing his friends around. Whenever he hit a rut, he'd come to me for advice.
Travel Channel and the Ghost Adventures Crew were holding a contest to see who could create the best mash up video contest. Dakota was working his ass off. He was staying up late, and waking early. When Dakota wasn't filming, he was editing. The deadline was coming up in a few days, and he was stressing. I made myself readily available, if he needed me. And boy did he. Dakota asked me to be background character after background character. It was really fun to say the least.
While I was washing my clothes, I heard someone running down the stairs. Dakota burst into the laundry room, and looked around for me.
"I finished!" He exclaimed as he held his laptop.
"Do you want me to watch it?" I asked as I turned around.
"Please" he panted.
"Okay," I said.
Dakota turned his laptop around for me to see the screen. Dakota pulled up the video and pressed play.

The video started up with the GAC logo popping up over Dakotas face, which was facing the ground. Then up popped me ,and tanner in skull masks, holding guitars. Then the music started, as well as the opening introductions that Zak always said at the beginning of each episode.
"Until I came face to face with one," Dakota mouthed as he turned and looked at a ghost. Covered in a white sheet that moved closer to Dakota's face. I huffed in amusement. I was that ghost. Dakota then looked into the camera with a goofy face. Then the video picked up with the song about ghosts and the ghost adventures crew. Dakota lip synced the words, and short video clips of the GAC played. More of the Zak's voice over played, with clips of the crew. The voice over played very nicely into the music which Kota had chosen. The song, clips from the show, and Dakota's impressive lip sync skills continued to play. The end of the video and voice over came on the screen. I popped up in a clown and scared Dakota. I was smiling ear to ear once it finished.
"Damn! That was amazing!" I exclaimed.
"Seriously?"Kota asked.
"Cross my heart." I said as I hugged him.
Dakota hugged me and smiled.
"That means a lot to me. Thanks sis." Dakota said.
I ruffled his hair as we pulled apart.
"Go submit it and I'll make lunch." I said as we left the basement.
"Sir, yes sir." Dakota replied with a lot of sarcasm.
Dakota ran off to his room, while I began making mac n cheese.
By the time Kota returned, I was just placing the food in bowls. I made sure to leave enough for Izzy and Tavian.
"Good job Kota. Tonight we can call the guys over and have everyone watch." I suggested as I bit into my ooey gooey cheese.
"Sounds great. I'm just so nervous." Kota admitted.
" I have a good feeling. Don't worry." I said.
I could tell Dakota was really proud of his work, and truth be told I was proud of him. Probably more than him.