Chapter 9: Closer

(Your POV)

I got all of my things moved into Wes's apartment building just a few blocks from the office. The garage complex was connect to the building by a walkway in the lobby. I parked my car/truck next to Wes' near the exist. It was nicer to be a bit closer to work and having a roommate again. Thor was able to stay with us do to a the new 'small animals allowed' rule. Wes' apartment was very roomy with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and a conjoined kitchen and living room. One of the bedrooms Wes used as an office area to do his twitch streams. Wes had already cleared some space in his closet and some drars in the bathroom for me. He also put Thor's doggie bed on my side of the bed and put his food and water bowls in the kitchen. Since it was only noon and we told everyone that we were going to take almost all day, Wes decided to take me out for lunch.
"You ready?" Wes asked.
"Yea. Where are we going?"
"It's a surprise." He said.
"Oh. I can't wait." I replied.
Wes opened the car door for me. It took about 20 minutes to get to the restaurant. Wes parked the car and offered me his arm. I took it willingly. As we entered the restaurant a waiter came up to us and showed us to our booth. Wes ordered my favorite wine, (fav/wine). I gave him a smile.
"I'm surprised that you remembered that (f/w) is my favorite wine." I said.
"How could I. I want to make you happier than you've ever been." He replied with a smile.
I was touched. Every guy that I've dated in the past has never remembered my favorite wine and other things like my birthday. I felt Wes' hand hold my own. Wes pulled out a little wrapped box and placed it in front of me.
"What's this?" I asked as I opened it.
"Happy 2 month Anniversary babe." Wes said, smiling.
"You remembered." I said, almost tearing up from happiness.
I opened the box to see a beautiful necklace with '(adorable nickname)' on it. It was the nickname my late grandfather, who I adored, called me. I began to tear up a little.
"Do you like it?" Wes asked.
"I love it. Thank you Wes." I said, wiping away the stray tears.
We finished our food, payed the bill, and was about to leave when I remembered I had something for Wes. I gave it to him and when he unwrapped it there was 2 tickets to the Backstreet boys concert in Phoenix, Arizona. They were fantastic seats, next to the stage. We went home to finish unpacking the little things. We were almost done when Joven and Lasercorn knocked on the door.
"Oh. Hey guys. What's up?" I asked, answering the door.
"Joven said I were going to do a twitch stream later of Dead by Daylight..."
"and were wondering if you guys would like to join us." Joven interrupted.
"Yeah we'd love to join you guys." Wes said.
"I just have to finish setting up my computer first. What time is your stream?" I asked.
"We're thinking about 10:00 tonight." Lcorn said.
"Perfect. I'll text you when I'm online." I said.
"Sweet. We still have to find one more person." Joven said.
"What about Sohinki? He loves Dead by Daylight." Wes suggested.
"That could work. I'll text him and find out." Joven said.
We talked with Joven an Lcorn for another 45 minutes before they left to go back to the office. Sohinki said he would be able to join us and would also be streaming as well. After Joven and Lasercorn left, we finished unpacking and I went into Wes' office to set up my computer. Since it only took 25 minutes to set up, I baked some chocolate chip cookies for Wes.

Wes and I decided to load up the game before Lasercorn and Joven got on to get a hang of the new maps.