Bes

Hi guys!! Sorry haven't been updating, well I don't even know if anyone is reading this FF. Anyway, I've been sick and so I've been at home, which finally gives me time to write again. I hope you like this. Tweet me at @faneywalain, and let me know what you think.

--------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing tonight?" RJ asked. After a month of casual dates and stolen kisses in movie theatres, front porches, and car rides, they established that they weren't going to see anyone else. While Maine's condo was being renovated, RJ would visit her house after taping early dawn, until Maine had to leave for work. He would just spend the morning with her having breakfast and cuddling in the Mendoza mansion's movie room. 

"Nothing, well if we're having dinner, then there's that?" Maine said.

"Okay, just bring your passport."

"Huh?"

"Basta. I'm picking you up right now."

After an hour, they were already at a private hangar with Captain Santos, Maine's family on call pilot.

"RJ, this is tatay's plane. Where are you taking me?"

Maine was surprised that Alden brought her to a private hangar, instead of their usual dates. This time, they were riding Mendoza Corp.'s Dreamliner jet.

"It's a surprise. Just trust me on this." He kissed her on the cheek before Captain Santos put their bags in the stow away.

"Maine, good to see you back in Manila. Laki mo na ah!"

"Onga po, Cap. Saan ba tayo pupunta?" Maine asked the captain thinking it will heed to her orders.

"Sorry, Maine. Boss' orders."

Maine didn't even put up a fight anymore, and as they took off, Maine fell asleep on RJ's shoulders, while he was hugging her.

After two hours, their plane was descending into Hong Kong, and all Maine could do was gasp that she woke up in Hong Kong unknowingly.

"We're in Hong Kong? Bes, paano?"

"I spoke to Coleen, and of course, as your endorser, there are always perks," RJ said with a wink.

"How did I not know this? PR is under my wing, so I'm supposed to handle you," Maine looked at him shocked.

"Simple. I spoke to Lia and Coleen to keep it a secret. I said I was going to pay for the fuel and for Captain Santos' wage, all I needed was to borrow the jet. And ano ba, wag mo ako ma-bes bes please. Baka mamaya bes-zoned na ako niyan."

"Sorry. Picked it up from Coleen. Hihi. Okay so why Hong Kong?"

"I wanted us to just be ourselves this time. We've been going out for a month, and I know it's stressful to keep hiding or to think about what others will think. I hope in this place, we could get to enjoy. Just us, you know?"

RJ and Maine were picked up by a private car and first thing they did was go to a Michellin-starred hole in a wall restaurant along Causeway Bay. 

"Shet, gutom na ako, RJ." Maine said as she stared at the waiter who was dropping down their dimsum.

"Wag kang mahiya. Alam kong gutom na gutom ka. Mukha naman!"

"Whatever. Let me be. A girl's gotta eat! Kain na tayo bes."

"Isa pa ha."

An hour into devouring various Cantonese dishes, RJ and Maine were waiting for the bill. A familiar looking man entered the restaurant with two other suited men. This man, in his mid-50s, stopped by their table, and Maine stood up. RJ was last to notice.

"Tatay!" Maine said with a surprise.

"Sir TM." RJ stood up curtly and politely extended his hand. Sweat was about to dabble into his forehead. He's met the man a couple of times, and he was always so confident. This time though, the meeting was different. He was meeting the father of the girl he was courting.

"Oh! Nandito pala kayo. Coleen gave me a heads up that you were gonna borrow the jet, Alden. Didn't know it was going to be with Maine."

"Opo. I was going to take her out for dinner. We'll be back naman po by tonight." RJ said guiltily.

"Well, why don't you guys join us? I'm meeting with a consultancy group for the next resort."

"Tay, wag na po. We don't want to bug you guys naman, and we're on our way back na po to the airport."

"Don't na. Fong is outside, and he can just take you to the hotel. Sabay sabay na tayo bumalik tomorrow morning. Maine, make sure to book Alden and Captain Santos a room as well. Buy na rin a set of clothes, if you need to."

"Okay po, tatay." Maine said nervously.

"Sorry po sa abala, Sir TM." RJ said graciously.

"Ano ka ba hijo, I've known you so long. There's a reason why you're always our endorser. Mabait ka, masipag, at humble. As long as you take care of my Menggay, wala tayong problema." Teddy patted RJ's back.

"Meng, just tell Fong to come back for me. Ingat kayo!"

Inside the car, RJ seemed fidgety and was still sweating.

"Are you okay?"

"Kinabahan lang ako. I mean, di ata alam ng daddy mo nanliligaw ako, and honestly, I should've asked him first."

"RJ, we're traditional but not that traditional. He never meddles in our lives unless it could ruin the family reputation or our business. Mas wild pa kaya si Coleen sa akin. Super traditional siya noon with Ate Niki, first girl eh. Although for him no one is good enough, but he knows if mabait at okay naman yung guy, he sees that." 

"I just don't want him to think I'm taking advantage or that I'm not being serious with you, cause Maine, I'm really serious. I know it's been a month, but I will really try to prove to him that hindi kita papabayaan."

"I know, babe."

"Babe?"

"Uhh.. Sorry. Slip of the tongue. I was going for--"

"Babe-zoned is way better than bes-zoned, babe."