Kiana

A/N: Hi, I had so much free time to write, so here I am again with an update. Anyway, vote, follow, or comment if you wish. You can also tweet me at @faneywalain.

***

At 2 pm, Maine and her team just finished setting up Amara Resort for the opening. At 3 pm, guests started coming in- various reporters, media personalities, and important people flocked at the cocktail bar.

"Ms. Maine, nandito na si Kiana with Alden," Lia whispered in her ear. Just like that her heart started to pound so loud. Nothing to worry about, Maine, she kept repeating it to herself. Her hands began to clam up, and suddenly her forehead was breaking into a sweat.

Kiana walks into the room, and suddenly all eyes were on her. She had a way to capture people's attention. She seemed sweet and unassuming, something in contrast to what RJ was telling her. She seemed like someone you'd want to befriend- someone so innocent and charming. Right behind her was RJ, in an all black ensemble. Clearly, if she didn't know RJ any better, he looked pissed, but he had a way of hiding it. His vein on his forehead were popping for only two reasons- he was feeling very happy or he was raging mad. From the way his smile never reached his eyes, he was feeling the latter being in that same room with Kiana.

"Hi Maine, thank you so much for inviting me," Kiana approached her with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi! Please feel free to roam around." Maine suggested.

"Hi babe," RJ whispered as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi babe. Are you okay?" She said as she hugged him.

"Mamaya na."

Kiana and RJ posed for photos, and then they cut the ribbon, next the proceeded to the presscon. Maine was on the left most chair, then RJ, then Kiana. The press started to sit on the banquet tables, and the camera men started focusing the camera.

One reporter began starting questions and said, "Hi Maine, now that you're the new Marketing head for Mendoza Corp. How does it feel to be back?"

"I feel very happy to be back po. For a while, I was just focusing on my studies, and took various internships abroad. Now, I'm ready to take on a role in the family business. I'm happy that Amara Resort is my first project."

The next reporter directed a question at RJ, "Hi Alden! What make you take on the project?"

"I am very close to the Mendozas ever since I started show business. I have been an avid supporter of their projects. This real estate project has been something that I would definitely support because it provides privacy and excellent service. Later po, everyone will get a free night here at Amara."

The third reporter started, "Hi Kiana, you've been gone for a bit, and now you're here with Alden promoting Amara and your new movie. How has it been? And what's the status between you and Alden?"

Under the table, Kiana has been trying to hold Alden's hand, but Alden tries so hard to let go of her hand. She also smelt of alcohol and cigarettes. With her words slurring, she started to respond. "Itssss greaaaat to be back po, Ms. Anne. As for Aldeennnnn..." she reaches for his face, "Aldennnnnn... and I...."

RJ immediately grabbed the mic, "are friends. What you see is what you get." And he kept his answer at that- very cryptic, and literal at the same time. Kiana looked at him, and started touching his body and looked at him. "Whaaaaat? Deeeeeen.. But..."

On the other hand, Maine already felt quite uncomfortable. Wag kang magkalat dito, she prayed that somehow Kiana would be able to read her thoughts. This was her first event as marketing head, and she couldn't afford bad publicity. After a while Kiana had to excuse herself because she had to go to the bathroom. "Susuka na yan," RJ told Maine faintly.

Finally, Cristina Fermin asked the final question, and it was directed to either Kiana or Alden. "We were offered with free rooms to try the services and amenities of Amara. Everyone here has brought a plus one. May I know who your plus ones are?"

RJ looked at a very nervous Maine, with tears starting to well up her eyes on how bad this whole thing was going. He then took up the courage to speak out, "I'm with Maine po."

The reports started hounding them questions after questions, and without hearing any of it, RJ took Maine's hand pulled her close and kissed her lightly on the lips.

***

"Hay nako, anak! Nagkakagulo ang fans. May mga bashers, bakit mo daw ginawa kay Kiana yon? Bakit daw si Maine? Sino daw si Maine? Manggagamit ka lang daw kasi mayaman si Maine?" Mama Ten said going crazy over the twitter responses.

"Mama Ten, let them think what they want," he said smugly. RJ could not care less whether they hated Maine or not, or they liked what he did or not, what was important was he was able to save the presscon. He wasn't going to let Maine fail her first event.

"Alden how could you?" Kiana bolted through the door.

"Kiana, I did what I had to. I wasn't going to let you humiliate Maine. Malaki ka na, I'm not cleaning up after you anymore. As far as I'm concerned, after our project, we are no longer a love team."

"Sisirain kita, Alden! Humanda ka sa akin," Kiana said sobbing hysterically and punching his chest.

Miss Vicky, PR of the Artist Center, suddenly entered the room and started talking to Kiana. "Kiana from now on we're dropping you. This was your last chance at proving yourself. Maswerte ka pumayag pa ang Mendoza Corp. isama ka sa event nila. Maswerte ka di sila nag-demanda for damages and losses, cause you were supposed to render them service by being an effective endorser. Lalong lalo na, maswerte ka nabigyan ka pa ng project. Sorry, but it's either you clean up or you're fired."

"You can't do that," Kiana shot back.

"And why not?"

"My dad pays for your salary, right?" Kiana shot back and walked away.

There had been rumors, although never confirmed, Kiana was an illegitimate child of one of the bosses. She never used Mr. Gomez's, one of the execs of GMA, last name. She always had a sob story that she never knew who her father was, but a few times, she's seen with Lito Gomez. It did look innocent like a boss-talent relationship, and now she's using this to her advantage. Kiana was a Gomez, and thus, she was invincible. RJ thought his problems were gone when Miss Vicky entered, but now things just got more complicated.