Fate Don't Know You

If anyone is reading this, hello. HAHA. I hope you're still enjoying the plot. Medyo sabaw na ako and I'm running out of ideas. Comments/violent reactions/favorite scenes, tweet me at @faneywalain.

I suggest you listen to the song Fate Don't Know You by Desi Valentine because it's my prompt for this chapter, and it has been my favorite. I'll explain why later.

Disclaimer: R-13 because of drug content.

***

I put my palms before her eyes
And she told me my truth
Laid the road for me
A rich man's destiny
But she saw it without you

For the next three months, RJ has owned up to being the father. He has let Maine alone, in order to spare her for anymore heartaches. Rumors have swirled that RJ was the father of Kiana's baby, and it wasn't easy for him, because Kiana has been feeding clues that he was indeed the father. She started with using the hashtag #BabyA in all her social media posts. Second, she gave an interview giving clues indirectly pointing it to him.

"Miss Vicky, please naman ho, tulungan niyo na po ako," RJ pleaded.

"Den, alam mong mahirap ang kalaban natin. Sinubukan ko ang lahat." Miss Vicky responded.

"Gusto ko na po mawala sa kontrata ko, Miss Vicky. Hirap na hirap na po ako."

"Den, pina-extend ka pa ni Mr. Gomez nang one year, since magiging father-in-law mo siya."

He winced at the thought of Mr. Gomez being his father in law and Kiana becoming his wife. No, si Maine lang dapat makakasama ko.

Miss Vicky continued, "Kiana had this all figured out and planned out the next projects for you."

***

Maine was having sleepless nights for the past three months. This heartbreak has been her worst. She knows how badly RJ was hurting, but she was hurting too. She didn't want to be the one to destroy a family, since she knows how it feels to be a second family. One night, Angel called up Maine.

"Ate," Angel said crying.

"Hi baby. What's up?" Even if Maine was broken up with RJ, she still loved his family. They were nothing but kind to her.

"Please get back with kuya. He's not okay."

"I wish it were that easy baby," Maine stopped herself from crying because her voice has started to tremble.

"Ate please!" She pleaded.

"I love you, baby Angel ha. I can't help you with that, but know that Ate Maine is just here, okay?"

"Okay, ate. Please play with me soon. I love you too. Bye."

Maine has taken an indefinite leave from work, and just decided to stay at home. She'd wake up, cry, and fall asleep crying. She was wrecked, and she was broken. Coleen has tried to talk to her, her mom has flown in from New York, but still she was still broken. No one could ever say the right words to make her feel whole again.

Coleen entered the room, "Maine. Get up!"

"Ano?"

"We have to do something. Anything. Just get up."

Coleen drove to the nearest orphanage, and she and Maine brought down boxes and boxes of donations. Maine was confused. "Akala ko magbababa lang tayo, what are we doing?"

"We're doing this," Coleen explained.

"We are volunteering here. We're going to work with kids. It's also for our CSR program."