Cora's Perspective.

Cora Kelley’s P.O.V:

          “Cora! Thank god! I’ve been looking for you all day.” Reese cried, as I approached her locker. I had just finished my media arts class, which I had with Peyton McBride, who had come along with me to Reese’s locker. Her watery blue eyes were narrowed, and she didn’t look happy about being completely ignored by Reese. I tried to shoot her an apologetic look as Reese enveloped me in more chatter.

          “Seriously, I am so glad we made lunch plans today. I have tons to tell you. Sorry I didn’t text you about it, I left my phone at home.” Reese grinned, pulling a teal sweater out of her locker and quickly slipping it on.

          “Okay, great! We’re headed to Little Place right?” I asked. Little Place by the Lights was a little Italian restaurant downtown, they had good deals for high school students during lunch hour.

          “That’s what I was planning on.” Reese shut her locker, and turned to me. “Let’s go.”

          “It’s okay if Peyton comes with, right? She had no plans today, so I said she could.” I asked, as Peyton shot me a smile.

          “Um, sure.” Reese replied, not looking too pleased. Peyton was friends with both of us, but Reese had said the other day that Peyton was starting to annoy her. I, however, thought Peyton was funny and sweet and was glad that she would be joining us.

          It was a beautiful day, and the sun was high in the sky. There was a warm breeze, and I felt it hit my skin through my light, lacy shirt. The sun on my face felt good, my depression from last night had vanished as soon as I’d woken and saw light streaming through my window. It was a new day, and a good one at that. I’d thought that I’d done well on my science quiz, and I had gotten a lot farther on my media arts project. Plus, Cameron and I had made up, and I was no longer harboring any sad feelings about him. And as I walked down to Main Street with Reese and Peyton, I felt happy and in control of life.

          We entered Little Place, the bells on the door jingling. We each placed orders, I asked for plain pasta with butter and chocolate milk. Reese and Peyton got tomato sauce on their pasta and Diet Cokes instead, and we all sat at a table near the back as we waited for our food to arrive.

          “Okay,” Peyton grinned as she sipped her soda. “What is that exciting thing you have to tell us, Reese?”

          Reese smiled weakly at Peyton. “Well, this morning, I woke up with this amazing feeling. It was so fantastic. I just knew something special was going to happen today.” Reese angled her body away from Peyton, and more towards me. “And then, I was sitting in English class, and in walks this gorgeous boy. He was one of the hottest guys I’ve ever seen, and he was dressed really nice, so I figure he’s perfect for me. I started talking to him, and he was just so nice and so cute. It was love at first sight, I swear.” Reese swooned.

          “What was his name?” I asked, knowing who it had to be.

          “Jamie. You know him, Cora. He said you two live near each other. Isn’t he adorable?”

          “Um, sure, I guess.” I laughed a bit as I said this. Reese had literally just met Jamie, and already she was proclaiming her love for him. I’ll admit, he is extremely attractive, but I’m pretty sure that’s not enough reason to fall in love with someone.

          “I wanna meet this guy!” Peyton cried, pouting.

          “Well,” I began, as I noticed the four boys entering the restaurant. “You got your wish.”