Task 6: Taking A 'Holiday' (Part 1)

I'm so sorry for the late update. I was really busy with the exams! This chapter is dedicated to xFakingaSmilex, because she has been an incredible friend and support to me. Thank you so much!:D

Thank you Seraphel for the lovely banner on the side ---->

Thank you so much mrsdarcy_1 for helping me out in this chapter:)

Happy Reading! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14

John's POV

Have you ever had that feeling when you look at someone, and the world closes down to just you and that person? Nothing else matters but the person you're with.

Have you?

Call me cheesy I don't care. But I felt this emotion when I saw Sarah. Her hands were still covered in blood and she had been just about to tell me what had happened when she fell asleep.

It had actually been quite adorable.

"So what happened?"

"Uh..you know..." she said with a big yawn.

"What?" I asked pressing her for an answer. She looked drop dead tired. The entire incident must have drained her energy. She looked like was going to fall asleep any moment.

"Ahhh..John.." she said in between yawns."Mom..came..."

Boom. She fell asleep on my lap.

She was sleeping peacefully on my lap as if for that moment nothing but sleep mattered. Her brows had smoothened out and her face radiated calmness like that of a child. It scared me think about what horrible moments she was going to go through. I wanted to protect her.

"Ahem."

I jumped a little in my seat and looked up. It was Alex and he was giving me an odd look. But why was he giving me such a look?

Of course you blithering idiot! Why wouldn't Alex give you an odd look when you were stroking his sister's hair!

"Ahem."

Ah crap. I had again spaced out.

"Hey," I said a little nervously as I saw Alex giving me a even more odd look.

Correction. He was somewhat glaring at me.

"I need to take Sarah home," he said a little coldly.

"Yeah sure. Should I carry her to the car?" I offered.

He glared at me giving me the 'Are you fucking kidding me look?'

"Dude, she can walk," he said shaking Parker gently.

"Sarah," he whispered.

"You're whispering, " I stated.

Smart move John. As if he didn't know that already.

"Of course I'm you idiot," he snapped at me.

What is it with the Parker men?

"She won't wake if you whisper," I said stating the obvious.

"She is not the kind of person who sleeps like a pig and needs a loudspeaker to wake her up." He snapped back at me.

Ouch! Wait. Was he referring to me? What the fuck?

But seriously who the hell wakes up with the sound of someone whispering next to them. Or rather calling their name as if you didn't want to wake the person up.