Chpt. 5 He is one puzzling guy

Bethany's POV

I nervously anticipated when the chime from my phone would come, signifying he had texted me back. My thumbs nervously fiddled with the keypad just typing gibberish and erasing it again, as I began to sweat. But the chime never came. Why did I ask him to hang out?!? I knew I had come off as abrupt. I laid my head down on my pillow, ready for sleep to take over me, because I know he wouldn't text me back.

Just as I began to doze off into a dream, a loud chime came from my phone. My ears now became alert, and I immediately sat up, wanting to divide all my attention to reading the text. As I quickly typed in my password, the text left my mouth hung wide open.

To Bethany:

I am free tomorrow, and would love to hang out with u, if u want to. After school? :)

-Marcel

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!! He wants to hang out with me!!!!!!!!!

Marcel's POV

OH MY GOSH, when the heck did I get so confident?!?!?!? She must think I'm weird now! One second ago I was this extremely shy loser, now I'm asking her what time she wants to hang out at?!?!? Actually, I was quite surprised and really happy at the same time that she asked me to hang out! Ahhhh, could this night get any better? Apparently! Bethany just texted back!

To Marcel:

Yeah, sure! Whenever u want! Ok, can't wait! :)

- xoxo,

Beth

Oh my goodness I still can't believe this is happening.

*********************

It was Friday after school, and I was anxiously waiting outside of our school for Marcel to meet me here. We agreed to hang our after school today, and that he would drive us to Starbucks, and then we would go to Barnes and Noble.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Marcel waking out of our school. He was wearing a new argyle sweater vest, and boy did he look cute! Before he could reach me, I looked over my outfit to see if I looked okay. Today, I was wearing my black long sleeve shirt; with my red wool trench coat; my black denim skinny jeans; my red, suede, knee-high, slouch boots, my black, knitted beanie, and my leather, red Tory Burch bag. For my makeup I was wearing black winged eyeliner and black mascara, a pink blush, a white eyeshadow which enhanced my emerald eyes, and bright red lipstick.

My auburn hair was also down in its natural waves, and thank God I was having a good hair day!

As I began daydreaming about Marcel, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. My head immediately whipped to the side, and a scream escaped my bright red lips as I noticed Marcel standing close to me. VERY close to me. I began to blush furiously and he began to chuckle.

"What's wrong Bethany? I didn't mean to scare you love."

Love? What is he, British?

I think he must've seen my confusion played out on my face, because he immediately looked worried and said,

"Uh, I mean, uh never mind. Ready to go to Starbucks?"

"Sure am!" I responded excitedly.

The short walk to his car was quiet, but it was a comfortable silence. Thank God.

We reached his car, and my jaw immediately fell to the floor.

"Th-Th-This is you-your car?" I stuttered out. Before us, was a beautiful, red, Acura ILX Sedan. The only way I knew what that car was called, is because my dad is an auto mechanic, so he works with cars and fixes them. Btw, talking about car models to guys is a huge turn on. Thank you dad. But anyways, that car immediately went on my Christmas list.