Chpt. 8 The Arcade

Bethany's POV
After about 5 more minutes, we finally entered the arcade. Fun. As soon as we went inside, the sound of a thousand little kids screaming at once met my ears. Marie looked over at me and widened her eyes in frustration, like she always does. I just laughed. I crouched down next to Jen and began talking to her.
"So Jen what do you wanna do first?" I lightly took a loose strand that was on her face and put it behind her ear.
"Hmmm maybe the simulator game?" Oh no. Not this one.
I know I tolerated going to this arcade and whatever but I was NOT going to do that simulator game too.
You might think I'm weird for having a completely RATIONAL fear of an arcade game, but I swear, I have a scary backstory with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*cue spooky, cheesy music*
*and cue thunderstorm*
So, I was eight years old and my mom wanted to take Marie, who was 12 years old, and me to this new arcade that opened up in town, "THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!" The words had like a creepy, green melting effect and right next to the words was a huge, creepy clock that kept speeding backwards, counter clockwise. It was a spooky themed arcade.
Need I say more.
Trust me, not so fun for an eight year old wimp like I was.
So anyways, Mar, my mom, and I went in and soon enough we found ourselves at the simulator game. Fun.
Mar said she wanted to go on it with me, and really, how could I say no.

So if you didn't know already, a simulator game is when there's like these two long chairs that are laying down and you sit down in them, and there's a large screen, and you choose a setting and let's say for example you choose "roller coaster", the chairs will shake and move and make you feel as if you are actually on a roller coaster. Oh and the area in which it is in, is really dark. Trust me, they're scary.

Don't laugh at me.

So Mar and I got on and of course being the wonderful, kind sister she is, she chose the setting: "HAUNTED MINE" .
Joy.
The game started and the chairs began shaking violently and viciously. The more and more demons and goblins kept popping up on the screen, while the chairs were still shaking us side to side, the more and more nauseous I would get.
Before you know it, I reached over my chair and vomited onto the skull-themed carpet. For a long time.
Yes.
I vomited in front of everyone watching, including the crush I had back then, Josh. All he did was laugh and laugh and laugh. Oh and take a video.
Asshole.
Anyways, so yeah that's my creepy backstory on why I don't like simulator games, or arcades for that matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO JEN!" Jenna and Marie both looked at me in shock, and so did I. Whoa okay, maybe my fear isn't as rational as I thought it was.

"I- I'm sorry I yelled Jen, but no, I really do not want to do that game. I followed your idea of coming to this arcade and everything, but playing that simulator game is not something I want to do Jenna." I stood back up and she gave me really big, droopy puppy dog eyes. Ugh not this again.

" Bethany, please! You're an amazing sister and I love you sooooo much, but I would love you a whole lot more if you did this for me. Please Beth." Jenna said sincerely. I glanced over at Marie, and she gave me a look that said, 'Come on Beth, you have to get over this fear. For Jenna.'

"UGH I literally do not have any idea why I'm doing this, but fine. Fine" Jen and Mar both squealed, and Jen yanked on my hand, leading me over to the dreadful game.

I'm so going to regret this later. I already feel nauseous.

Soon enough, we found ourselves at that stupid game. Geez why do the chairs have to have a skull and goblin themed pattern as well?! I swear I'm going to actually become paranoid the next time I see a horror movie. Jenna jumped into the seat on the left, and I slowly and cautiously slid into mine. Okay, so far so good.

Jenna reached over at the screen and chose a 'Haunted Mine' setting. At this point, I was too exhausted and nauseous to protest, so I just sat back in silence and fear. In about 10 seconds, the game started and the chairs began shaking all over the place, and I began getting queasier and queasier and queasier. Too many things were popping up at the screen while my vision was shaking from side to side and-
Oh. Something definitely did not feel right.

Okay Bethany, snap out of this! You're too old to be scared of this crap.
Oh no. It's coming. It is definitely coming.
No this cannot be happening. Definitely not.

I reached over the right side of my chair and was about to release as I blurrily saw a pair of suede oxfords shift slightly. Why weren't they moving?!

Oh I really hope that they do not belong to Mar-
There it was.
Out in the open.
I had erupted, repeatedly, on Marcel. This is just perfect.
I faintly heard gasps and shouts in the background, probably from Mar and Jen, or people that had gathered around to watch me vomit.

How cruel.

I shakily looked up at his face and for some reason he wasn't disgusted. Just amused.
I didn't know whether to feel furious or relieved.

The only thing I did know for sure was that if I didn't run to the bathroom right now, I would soon erupt on someone else.

How absolutely, magnificently, incredibly, perfect.

A/N:
Hey loves! Sorry I hadn't updated in a bit, I had just been working really hard on this chapter and future ones! I do apologize though if this chapter is a bit boring :(
Love y'all and I'll be updating more often!
Like, comment, & vote (pweez) <333