Jupiter

Jupiter's P.O.V.

I was scared how they would react. My parents, my sister, my little brother was too young to understand, but it was still scary. My sister wasn't too much younger than me, she was fourteen, and I was sixteen.

I wasn't ready, and yet I was. I wasn't ready for what would surely come after, but I was way past ready to be myself and come out.

After school, I got some essential things out of my room, extra clothes, a second pair of shoes, a hairbrush, some small food items, etc. I stashed the bag outside, for when I have to leave. I knew what they would say, my parents are very religious, and they were against anyone like me. I didn't care, I was wearing this disguise for too long.

I walked around the house, I was destined to never see again, until my parents and brother came home from school. My sister was already home, she was in her room getting ready for whatever activity she had that night.

I heard the front door open, and I knew this was it. I was going to do it, I was about to look my parents in the eye and come out to them. I didn't know for sure what would happen after, but I did know that I had to do this. I walked up to them as they sat down in the living room.

"Mom, dad?" I started, my body shaking.

"Yes dear?" My mom calmly replied. A calm I would never hear again.

"I need to tell you guys something, and I want your I be as understanding as possible, and know this is hard to do."

"What's wrong?" My mom asked.

"Are you pregnant? Because that would be wrong and the lord will never forgive you." my dad threatened.

"No, but I'm sure the lord won't forgive me for this either."

"What did you do, just say it already."

"I'm trying! This is hard!" I started raising my voice in anger.

"Just spit it out, we're busy."

"I'm pansexual!" I yelled as fast as I could.

"What?!" My dad asked sternly.

"I-I'm pansexual." I said, getting quiet.

"No you're not."

"Yes I am!"

"You can't like both genders, only boys."

"It's not just two, it's all."

"There are only two."

"No, if I only liked two, then I would be bisexual. I'm pansexual."

"That is against god, you are going against god, and you need to apologize for your sins."

"It's not a sin, it's not wrong!"

"Yes it is, and you need to know that for when this little phase is over."

"It's not a phase, it's a sexuality!"

"You're just experimenting, which is also wrong, you should like guys!"

"I do, but I also like everything else!"

"You will not disrespect us in our house!"

"I'm not! I like people, I don't care what gender they are! Can't you just see how hard this is for me!"

"It's always hard to confess a sin."

"It's not a sin! It's what I am, it's how I feel!

"Then get out! We worship the lord in this house! We follow the lord and this is not what he wants!"

"You can't just kick me out!"

"If you want to be in this house, then you need to follow the lord, and get this stupid idea out of your head!"

"So I have no choice?"

"You can choose to do the right thing!"

"Being myself is the right thing! I can't change what I am!"

"Get out of this house right now! You do not belong here! We are disowning you!"

"But-"

"Get out!"

"Fine, I'll go. I don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of homophobes anyways!" I yelled as I started walking towards the front door.

I walked into the front entranceway, and saw my sister sitting on the stairs, with tears running down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to her.

"Me too."

"It'll be ok, you don't need me." I said as I pulled her into a hug.

"I'll see you again in a few years." she said in my ear.

"Wait, are you-"

"You'll see, I'll come find you in a few years."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I walked out of the house, with my cheeks wet, my eyes red, and fresh tears pouring out of my eyes. I reached into the garden at the front of the house, and pulled out the bag I stashed. I walked down the driveway to the road, and started going for my new life. A new life where I won't be haunted by a closet. I thought to myself, as I walked.

I'm out and I'm proud!