Chapter 2: The City of London vs Moriarty

Several weeks later, John is standing in front of the mirror in the living room, finishing tying his tie and you were in the bathroom fixing up your hair and finished touching up your make up.

In the reflection of the mirror you see Sherlock standing by the door, he comes up behind you and wraps his arms around and kissed the top of your head. "You look beautiful." He whispered to you and you smile. "You're not bad yourself." You replied as you turn around to face him.

You two were about to kiss when John shouted. "All right, you two....you can get a room later but right now we have to go." You rolled your eyes as Sherlock kisses your cheek and grabs your hand and leads you out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

You and Sherlock reach down the stairs but stop and turn to the side to allow John to pass you two and reach out towards the door. "Ready?" John asked looking between you two. "Yes." Sherlock said and you nodded.

John opens the door and you see police officers are trying to hold back the large crowd of journalists who immediately start taking photos of the three of you and calling out questions as the police clear the way and allow you and the boys through to the waiting police car.

John points you and Sherlock towards the nearest rear door of the car. "Get in." John ordered and you feel Sherlock's hand on you back as he guides you in the car and he follows suit. John goes round the back and gets in the other side and the car pulls away and races off with its sirens wailing.

As the car approaches Trafalgar Square, John turns to Sherlock and said. "Remember..."  

"Yes." Sherlock said, instantly.

"Remember..."  

"Yes."

John looks away in frustration, then goes for broke and speaks quickly. "Remember what they told you: don't try to be clever..."  

"No." Sherlock said over him.

"....and please, just keep it simple and brief." John said.

"God forbid the star witness at the trail should come across as intelligent." You replied.

"Intelligent, fine; lest give smart arse a wide berth." John said.

"I'll just be myself." Sherlock said.

"Are you listening to me?!" John asked irritated. You chuckle at this as John glares at you.

"Maybe you should talk to him....he'll listen to you." He said and looks out the window.

You look up at Sherlock and said. "Stop giving John a hard time and listen to him, love. Please." You said. Sherlock glances over you and hums a yes to you and you shake your head.

*Sherlock's POV*

​​​​​​​Sherlock is in the toilets at the Old Bailey washing his hands. "Crown versus Moriarty--please proceed to Court Ten." The Tannoy Announcement said.

As he turns off the taps, he hears something drop on the floor and a woman's voice say. "You're him." He turns and sees that she's wearing a deerstalker and a badge that says:

I ❤️ Sherlock.

"Wrong toilet." He responds.

"I'm a big fan." The woman said.

"Evidently." He mutters as he turns towards her.

"I read your cases; follow them all. Sign my shirt, would you?" She asked as she steps closer to him, gazing at him adoringly, and peels back her jacket to reveal that her blouse is opened quite low and she is showing a lot of cleavage. She also offers him a pen which she already had in her hand.