Chapter 5: The Begining of the End

*Sherlock's POV*

Sherlock sits in the back of the taxi, lost in thought, about half way into the journey the TV screen on the back of the driver's seat switches on and an advertisement starts to play. "This is a stunning evening wear set from us here at London Taxi Shopping." The voice over said. Sherlock rolls his eyes and says to the driver. "Can you turn this off, please?"

But he driver doesn't respond and the advert continues. "As you can see, the set comprises of a beautiful..."  

"Can you turn this off..." Sherlock said louder and angrily.

The image on the screen begins to fritz as if another channel is breaking through and eventually the advert disappears and Moriarty is seen smiling cheerfully. "Hello. Are you ready for the story? This is the story of Sir Boast-a-lot." Moriarty exclaimed in a sing song voice. Sherlock's eyes began to widen as Moriarty begins his story.

"Sir Boast-a-lot was the bravest and cleverest knight at the Round Table, but soon the other Knights began to grow tired of his stories about how brave he was and how many dragons he'd slain....and soon they began to wonder....'Are Sir Boast-a-lot's stories even true?' Oh, no. So one of the Knights went to King Arthur and said...'I don't believe Sir Boast-a-lot's stories. He's just a big old liar who makes things up to make himself look good.' And then even the King began to wonder...." he said and he brings a finger to his lips, mimicing someone pondering.

Sherlock narrows his eyes and gritted his teeth in anger as Moriarty finishes the story.

"But that wasn't the end of Sir Boast-a-lot's problem. No. That wasn't the final problem. The End." said Moriarty with a small smile.

"Stop the cab! Stop the cab!" Sherlock shouted, angrily.

The cab pulls up to the curb and Sherlock jumps out of the cab and runs forward to the driver's door. "What was that? What was that?" He asked angrily and the cabbie turns his head to reveal that he was Moriarty. "No charge." He says and immediately accelerates away as Sherlock tries to grab hold of the door and pull the cab back.

Forced to let go, he chases after the taxi but it soon speeds away. He stops in the middle of the road, glaring after, unaware that another car is speeding along behind him.

As it sounds its horn in warning, a man hurries off the pavement, grabs him and pulls him out of danger." Look out!" The man shouts as Sherlock, who still doesn't realize what the man is doing, strikes out at the man but then stops as the car roars past and he realizes what has happened. He stands with the man, at arm's length, breathing heavily while the man looks at him, warily. "Thank you." said Sherlock, catching his breath.

He holds his hand out to the man to shake and the man, reluctantly, takes it and suddenly three bullets are fired into him and he slumps to the ground while Sherlock spins around, trying to find the source of the gunfire.

Just then another black cab comes around the corner and pulls up a short distance away. You and John jump out and hurry towards him. "Sherlock!" You and John shout.

Few minutes later, an ambulance arrives and wheels the man's body away while Sherlock stands twitching his fingers fretfully. "That....it's him. It's him. Sulejmani or something. Mycroft showed me his file. He's a big Albanian gangster lives two doors down from us." John said.

"He died because I shook his hand." said Sherlock.

"What d'you mean?" You asked him.

"He saved my life but he couldn't touch me. Why?" Sherlock asked and he storms off as you and John follow him.

*(y/n)'s POV*

At 221B, Sherlock walks rapidly into the living room, pulling off his scarf and coat, and goes across the laptop on the dining table. "Four assassins living right on our doorstep. They didn't come here to kill me; they have to keep me alive." Sherlock said as he sits down at the table while you go to the window near him and look out and John sits on the sofa.