.11.

"Rhett...Rhett was my best friend. He was the one I could go to when I needed help or...anything really. He always knew what to say and when to say it. In the years that I knew Rhett McLaughlin, my life was an adventure. He's was so outgoing and wild. He never let me say no because he didn't want me to miss out on life. That was his thing. He felt that everyday was special and you couldn't let time slip through your fingers...or else...You'd be dead before you even lived. I know this isn't fair to any of us, I know that Rhett wouldn't want us to be sad, but how can we be happy? We'll never get to see his face again, or hear his voice. We'll never get to judge his hair again, or call him when something goes wrong. We'll never be able to hold him or laugh with him or have a drink. Because he's gone. Rhett is gone and I'm not okay..."

I jolted from my sleep, sweat dripping from my forehead. I began to panic, as if it were real. As if Rhett had really killed himself. My throat grew hot and tears began to bubble in my eyes. I let them go, shaking, I looked across the room.

There he was, sleeping in all his natural beauty and self worth. He was snoring, but that never bothered me. It was actually quite comforting. 

I convulsed, thinking to long and too much about my dream and if it were real.

But it wasn't and I knew that, but thinking still hurt like hell.

My anxiety, now through the roof, took me over. I couldn't control the overwhelming feelings and fear. 

I continued to shake. Pushing the blankets off my legs, I grabbed my glasses from my bedside table. Putting them on, I realized that my vision wouldn't get any better as long as I was crying.

"Link," he spoke groggily. "What's wrong?" 

I stopped dead in my tracks. My body tensing up, I shook my head, "Uh, just uh...going to get some water."

That was a lie, Rhett knew.

"Link, are you having another..." Rhett sat up, turning his bedside lamp on. 

The room lit up, revealing my unfortunate state. 

He stared at me and I stared back. It felt like centuries had passed but it hadn't even been a minute. 

"Rhett, please stay..." was all I could choke out before I began crying again.

Rhett sat shocked, I think. I could barely see anymore. My tears were forming puddles at my feet. 

Rhett stood, inching closer to me, he held out his hand. I felt myself take it. He pulled me into a hug immediately, his warmth overcoming my body. 

We were only in our boxers, but it wasn't weird. It felt good to be held by him. It felt so right to be comforted by my best friend. 

He was still here, and he was okay. Everything would be okay, I thought. I hoped.

"Link, I'm not leaving buddy. I'm here, for as long as you want me."

"Forever?"

"And always."

--------------

Thank you all for reading! Seriously! It means a lot. 

I'm curious; what are everyone's thoughts on the story so far? 

Also, let me know how long you've been a Mythical Beast in the comments below!

I discovered Rhett & Link a few months back and have been hooked ever since! 

I'm sorry about the slow updates, I'll try to be better about it.

You guys rock.

Always remember to be your mythical best!

- Robin xoxo