"Just, Why Though?"

We just picked up Lector and Frosch from the guild. Lector was asleep on Sting's shoulder.

I would probably be holding Sting's hand even now, but I am holding a sleeping Frosch. The flower he picked from the park today was still in his paw. It was wilting a little, but he still had it with him all day.

After a short walk, we made it back to our house. He opens the door, and before he could get to his room, I wanted to ask him something. "Sting, wait."

"Hmm? What is it?" He says softly, trying to not wake up the little sleeping Exceeds.

"Um, I just have a question..." I honestly do not know how to even bring this up.

"About...?"

"Before we left the guild,you kissed me..." I trail off.

"Uh, yeah?" I swear, I saw him blush. His face is turning into a slight pink color.

"Just, why though?" I don't really have any other way to say it, but I did want to know what randomly got into him so suddenly.

"Well, uh, I kinda n–needed a practice one before doing an a–actual one in front of Yukino and Minerva. Like, don't want to screw up and look suspicious, right? Ya know what I'm saying?" Something wasn't right about that. There was something that was off. I thought I saw sadness in his blue eyes.

But, that can't be the case. I felt something in that kiss. I really did.

But what if, he just did that for the prank? That's what he is saying, I guess.

I guess he went for a "practice" one since Yukino and Minerva left the room.

I thought this prank was supposed to be fun... Why is this just hurting me? Playing with my emotions like that? What made him even think that this would be fun?

But I didn't know how to respond. I just felt hurt. A little bit of me thought that he did that because he did love me. And the girls weren't even in the room. "Goodnight, Sting," was all I could really say to him. I just didn't want to talk to him.

"Wait, Rogue. There's something I need to say," I hear him call me.

"It's been an interesting and long day, Sting. We could probably just talk about it tomorrow or something," I still don't face him.

"Okay then," I hear Sting sigh sadly. "Goodnight..."

Part of me regret turning down on him. I mean, what if it was something that was important? Well, what would he say? It could be anything.

It could be, "Hey, let's do the same thing again to screw them up even more."

Or it could be, "Wait, I actually do have feelings for you."

But like I said, we could talk about it later if he wants to. I'm still just mad. I never really was mad at Sting for any reason before. Yes, I do get annoyed, but it's all good and normal shortly after.

He thought he could just kiss me, and just act like that.

Practice. Wow.

I can't even tell if he's lying or not. But I felt the emotion and passion behind it. I don't even know how or what to think now.

If he truly cared for me and my feelings, he wouldn't even think about this dumb idea. I still don't get the point.

I take a deep breath of slight frustration, and I guess it woke Frosch up. "Sorry, Frosch," I mumble.

"Hmm, are we home?" Frosch rubs his eye with his tiny paw.

"Yes, Lector and Sting are in their room," mentioning Sting's name gave me a bitter but also sweet feeling, especially remember some of the good things he did.