A Family of Seven

((Author's note: I hope you enjoy!))

"Kuro! Kuro!" Mahiru called, walking around his house, looking for his NEET* Servamp. He found the vampire scrolling through site after site on his phone. "Kuro! Give that back!"
Kuro looked up, "Mahiru. I'm looking up something. Leave me alone."
"C'mon, put your shoes back on! Lily called another meeting! It's at Misono's place." Mahiru unbuttoned his school shirt and threw it at the cat, "Now!"
"Nyah." Kuro poofed back to his "human" form, clutching the cell phone.
"And give me back my phone!"
Kuro sighed and stood up, slouching quite a bit. He tapped the screen furiously before handing it back.
"Honestly." Mahiru rolled his eyes, pulling on a more casual shirt. "Put your shoes on!"
"Fine. Just calm down." Kuro yawned and pulled his boots on. He glanced over, frowning, and glanced back down at his boots.
Mahiru paused and turned around, "You OK?"
"Yeah. 'm fine, no worries." Kuro brought a pale hand up to his face and rubbed the dark circles under his eyes. He suffered from extreme insomnia, despite spending a lot of time napping.
I'll never get good sleep, will I? he thought, sighing loudly. Mahiru dropped his shoe and spun around.
"What's wrong?" he demanded, fierce brown eyes full of concern.
Kuro held his hands up, "Don't look at me like that. I can't deal..."
"Kuro!"
Kuro sighed loudly, "Fine, fine." he tucked his pale hands into his pants pockets. "...Just... a bad dream that haunts me."
Mahiru pursed his lips before stepping forward, "Let me comfort you."
"Ah-" Sleepy Ash's red eyes widened as his young Eve threw his arms around him. One of his hands cupped the back of the vampire's head, stroking his dyed ice blue hair gently.
"Kuro, you're safe. It's OK for you to exist as you are. You're not a monster."
Kuro shook gently before resting his head on the brunet's shoulder, purring softly. He lifted his head, his lips brushing his Eve's ear as he muttered, "Mahiru..." he clenched his fists. "Lily's meeting. We'll... we'll be late."
Mahiru pulled away, nodding, "Yeah. C'mon, you NEET."

"Hello, brother." Snow Lily smiled kindly. "Hello, Mahiru." The tall, beautiful youngest brother stood beside his Eve.
"Shirota." Misono Alicein tipped his head, his short purple hair brushing against his Mikado Ichinose uniform.
"So, where is everyone?" Mahiru asked, looking around for the other Servamps and their Eves.
"Everyone is inside." Lily answered. "Come on in."
"Sorry if we're late, Misono."
"Let me guess. It was his fault?" Misono pointed to Kuro, who immediately hissed. All three froze and turned around.
"...K-Kuro?" Mahiru's eyes were wide.
"Ah...s-sorry." the Servamp shifted uncomfortably. "I just...um..." he lowered his gaze. "Those aren't my pronouns anymore."
Six pairs of eyes stared in confusion. Lily's eyes widened and he smiled, "What are they, then? We'll try to use them."
Kuro glanced up, "Well, I'm trying out they/them pronouns."
Lily's gaze was very soft and affectionate, "Alright. Are you going to inform our other brothers?"
"Lily, dearest brother, my most reliable-" Kuro started.
Lily laughed, "Alright~. I'll tell them."
"Ohhh, thank you. I'm love you." Kuro purred, latching himself onto the Servamp of Lust. Lily blushed and continued walking, now dragging his lazy older brother.

Misono lead them to an office room. Hyde, the Servamp of Greed, and his Eve, Licht, were bickering. Hyde looked up and buried his face in his hands. Kuro sat down and drew their legs up to their chest. Mahiru sat beside them.
"Hi, brother." Hyde waved a bit shyly, pushing his glasses up.
"Hi." Kuro nodded to him.
"Well, let's start this meeting. I've got homework." Mahiru folded his arms across his chest.
Lily stood up, "Before we start, Kuro has informed me and asked me to pass this information along: they no longer are using he/him pronouns. Please use they/them when referring to our older sibling and support them the same as ever."
Tetsu frowned, "OK, but can we know why the sudden change?"
Kuro shifted a bit uncomfortably, "I think I'm agender. I'm just testing these out."
The Mother nodded, "Alright. Now, what else are we here to discuss?"
Lily paled and looked away, "I want us to be a family. A real family. A loving, supportive Serfamily."
Hyde hopped up, "Majority vote! All in favor~! Say 'aye'!"
Hugh adjusted his monocle, "Aye."
"Aye."
"Aye."
Mahiru gaped, "What's with this?"
Lily smiled, "Everyone has the right to be loved. I want all seven of us to feel loved when we think of each other."
Hyde grinned, "Wonderful. Aye."
World's End crunched on some ice, "Aye!"
"Aye."
Hyde looked over at Kuro, "Well~? What's your vote?"
Kuro's eyes widened. They gaped, struggling for words before whispering, "Aye."
Hyde beamed, "So! ...How do we family?"
Lily smiled, "By staying in contact more. By being loving, affectionate, supportive, and forgiving."
"That's too much work, Lily." Kuro whined.
"Kuro! Family is important!" Mahiru scolded.
"True, but still..."
Mahiru scowled, "Kuro!"
"Fine. I'm love everyone here. Better?"
Hyde nodded, "It's a start, brother."
"Sibling." Kuro corrected.
"Ah, right. Sorry." Hyde smiled.

An hour passed as the Servamps discussed ways of being a better family. Misono shooed everyone but Lily away after it got too late. Mahiru waved, "G'night, Misono! G'night, Lily!"
"Good night~." Lily waved, still smiling softly.
Kuro paused, turned, and ran up to Lily. They hugged him briefly before running after Mahiru. Lily beamed and bounced on his heels a little.

Kuro slept easily that night.