Chapter 5

"Are they alone?" The man on the other end of the line questioned.

"Unless she's hiding someone in the back of her trunk, yes," The receptionist replied.

"Her?"

"It's Kenya."

"I'll be there in ten minutes. Keep an eye on her and call me if she tries to leave." From there, the call went dead.

"Got it," The woman muttered to herself, placing the phone back in the receiver and sitting back in her chair, kicking her feet up and preparing herself for the all nighter.

Meanwhile, Kenya was preparing for the same thing, pulling out the papers Halsey used to start the spells. She knew that the demon was already starting to bring back a few spawns at a time, but soon enough, he would be able to bring in a legion of damned souls. She needed answers, but with the demon in a new host, it wasn't going to be easy. New Orleans was going to need a large amount of help to take down this demon.

The werewolf's phone buzzed and she took it out to see a text message from Patrick, saying that Jack was on board. She then noticed a few missed messages from Bruno. There was a part of the lycan that wanted to call her mate back, but then she remembered the awful thing he did to her. She locked her phone and threw it on the opposite side of the table, frustrated.

Keny stood up and walked over to the window, where she parted the curtains and looked out at the main office of the motel, seeing the receptionist staring right back at her. The she wolf swallowed the lump in her throat before stepping away from the window and walking out of the room. She made her way across the parking lot, her hands shoved into the pockets of her jacket, and entered the office. "Do you think I can ask you a question?"

The receptionist dropped her feet from the desk, sliding her hands underneath it and grabbing a gun placed underneath the table, clicking off the safety. "Sure," She said, a smile appearing on her face.

"Where's a good place to eat around here?"

"There aren't really any open this late at night."

"Really? Nothing? Not even a bar?"

"Not for your type," She retorted coldly, her eyes shrinking in size.

"My type?"

"You know, the rugged type," The girl murmured, keeping her gaze locked on Kenya's, "Most of the bars around here are for gays or sport-loving douchebags, and I don't think you'd want to surround yourself with people like them."

"Still, a drink is a drink and food is food."

"It's late. You shouldn't be going out, anyways."

The door opened behind the two women and Kenya turned to see a man enter. There was no doubt that this man had the look of a killer. Kenya could see the mutual look in his eyes, as well as the countless tattoos that ran up and down his arms. The tattoos were symbols for his special victims. He gripped onto a gun tightly with his left hand and locked the door with his free hand. His spiky black hair covered the few scars on his skull.

"For fuck's sake, Brian, put the gun down!" The girl behind the desk snapped at him.

"But you said-"

"I know what I said, but she hasn't done anything yet."

"Wow." For a moment Kenya laughed hysterically. "Who do you think you guys are? Hunters? You're just a bunch of kids."

"No, we just know that we don't have the upper hand," The receptionist explained, standing up from her chair, "And unlike all of the other idiots in this world, we're not stupid. We know you're not like us. We know you're dangerous, and we're just protecting ourselves from you."

"You're teenagers. You count the years and think you're smart, but you're not." Kenya rolled her eyes. "You don't know a damn thing about my kind."

Brian cocked the gun, ready to shoot at Kenya. "Sure we do, we know lots about your kind. And you're the only one who's not smart. You should've known better than to come here."

Kenya allowed the boy to come closer before snatching the gun away to discharge the loaded bullet and dismember the entire gun. "I knew what I was getting into. I wouldn't drive into this town unless it was necessary. I just need to speak with your superior."

"We are the superiors," Lynn muttered.

Kenya scoffed. "You couldn't keep me here if you tried. On top of that, you're one of the worst spies in history, and he can't hold a gun to defend himself. Real superiors wouldn't have even let me this close. So once again, I want your superior."

"There is no one else!" She snapped, silencing Kenya almost immediately. Kenya didn't know these kids, at least, she didn't think she did, but they seemed to know her just fine. Just like Patrick and Rachael. "You have no other choice but to talk to me, because I'm the superior. Brian and I both are. And it's called strategy - act defenseless and dumb to lure you guys in. You all fall for it, I don't know why."

The lycan twin could see the honesty in the girl's voice and noticed how strong she looked as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Sorry, I'm not buying it. Say I believe you, though. Last time I checked, there was a different man running the hunters in this town. Hell, this place used to be swarming with hunters."

"He died," Brian informed me grimly, "Got killed by some stupid vampire."

"And I'm going to guess the rest ended up the same way, but you two idiots were left behind," Kenya responded while shifting her weight on both feet.

"Do you want our help or not?" Lynn asked, "Because I don't like helping stupid bitches like you unless it's for a good reason."

"It's not like you can do much," Kenya mocked.

"Like you can do any better. You were in a fucking coma for almost two years, Kenya. You woke up to a world you didn't recognize, and you thought you could just come back in and act as if nothing changed. That you would just come back and you would regain your respect, your dignity. Well guess what?" The human girl shoved her finger into Kenya's chest. "You're nothing now, Kenya. You're no one."

"You asked me if I knew you." The wolf narrowed her glare. "I'm going to guess that I did."

The girl smirked. "I find it hilarious how you act like you don't remember what you did."

"Looks like you haven't heard the rest of the news, Princess." Kenya moved forward, the girl taking two steps backwards. "My memory was wiped from the last four years, so I don't remember shit."

"Of course you'd say that," Brian chimed in, "Probably just to rid yourself of the guilt that weighs down your shoulders."

"What'd you even come here for, Kenya?" Brian's friend inquired, getting annoyed.

"My guilt is forever." Kenya looked towards the kid. "You of all people should understand that this is something I will never be able to get rid of." The she wolf turned back to the girl. "Look, I needed to speak with the man you said died."

"About what?"

"I need a hunter's help to stop a mass possession of the largest paranormal population in the south."