Chapter 3

Lashay

I chased after Janelle, I knew exactly how she felt. Whether she beloved it or not, I knew her pain. Seeing how Terrence insulted her brought back painful memories. I've always been a big girl, until I decided to change my look. I got tired of people telling me I wasn't worth shit, or calling me fat, ugly, you name it. I was tired of it all. I was beaten and molested all of my childhood by my mothers boyfriend when she wasn't around. I tried telling her but she wouldn't listen, she'd tell me to get my "fat lying ass out her face, Charles'll never do such a thing". It's crazy how a women can believe a man over her own child.

Flashback

I sat on my medium sized bed in the corner of my room. That's the only thing I could call my own. I listened to the partially silent apartment complex and enjoyed the moment. No one was home, so I was all alone. I loved to sing. I placed an old
'Destiny's child' cd in my stereo and sang every word. I could hold a note.

My proud smile dropped from my sudden happiness being destroyed from Charles standing in the doorway with a devious smile planted across his lips. "Keep dancin' Shay, you know I love to watch you dance". I could smell the liquor on his breath from my far corner, and by the way his words slurred I knew he was drunk.

I backed away in the corner some more and turned off my stereo. "Why you turning off the music shay"? Charles stumbled his drunk body into my room and grabbed my arms.

"Stop it, I think you should leave". I said backing farther in the corner. That didn't stop Charles from grabbing me. "No, you stop it". He said taking a sip of his drink. Fear shot through my body and my mind raced on what Charles would do to me.

He licked his lips and looked me up and down. "So thick". He said watching me. I felt vulnerable I was scared. No one to hear me. No one to save me. I tried making an exit but was snatched back. My heavy body plopped in the bed and I was quickly pinned down by Charles drunk and sweaty body.

I closed my eyes tight and let a tear roll. I didn't try and fight back knowing the consequences. This happened on a regular. He stripped me, exposing my naked body to the cold air.

He hurt me so bad. Before my misery was over, I heard a familiar voice. Finally I was going to be saved. "Charles baby ho-". I watched my mother approach the door and she stared angrily in my eyes. "What the fuck are you doing? Fat whore". I was shocked. I was being raped and you blame me for this ?

Charles jumped off of me quickly, "see baby, I told you she was up to know good". He lied right through his teeth. Did you not see him pin me down, and rape me?

She snatched me by my hair dragging me to the floor planting my face with hard hits, soon causing my eye to swell and my nose to bleed.

"Now get out"! She yelled. I cried out in disbelief. Where was I suppose to go? "Ma-"? "Get the fuck out"! She screamed in my face. "Fat hoe, hurry up, GET OUT". She yelled.

I grabbed my clothes and walked passed them both she spit on my face as I walked passed. I walked straight out and never looked back. What was I to do? I was 14 years old. Fat, ugly, uneducated, and worthless. I deserved to be treated like this.

End of flashback.

I brushed off my painful memories and headed back in the class. I felt so bad for Janelle. She had so much potential, she just didn't know she has it. I believe in her even though she doesn't believe in herself. Janelle didn't come back in class, I tried consoling her but she wasn't having it, I didn't blame her. No one knows the true humiliation she goes through.

The bell rang and I gathered my things and left. Terrence bumped me on his wag out holding the side of his head. "The fuck boy"? Why in the hell did he just bump me? "Shut the fuck up Lashay"! He scolded. "Oh so you mad Terrence"? I asked sarcastically. "Hell ye-" "oh so YOU MAD TERRENCE"? I mocked, cutting his sentence short.

"So I guess you captain save a fat bitch" he said walking out the class. I guess I am. I know she git feelings. I just don't understand how somebody could just bully, or pick on somebody like that. Have they ever thought, 'what if' o was that person. They don't know her struggle, or what they fuck she gotta deal with when she walk through her front door. It's just stupid.

-

My thoughts were shaky for the rest of the day. I couldn't get Janelle from my mind, I had to find her. The day finally ended and I rode home on silence to my 2 bedroom apartment. I've been doing well since I was kicked out. I have a job, a boyfriend, my own place, and a beautiful baby boy. His name is Jaydin Terrell Jr. Named after his daddy. I know I'm only 18 but I've been alone, and grown since I was 14 when I was kicked out my mothers house. I never knew I was adopted until I was kicked out. But oh well, it's time to stop living in a fairytale and last life and start living in reality.

I opened the door and there lay my 1 year old playing with his daddy. He brought so much joy in my life. "Hey mommys' baby". I said, picking him up off his back planting his face with kisses. I kissed Jaydin and sat down on the sofa next to him. "How was school"? He asked. Jaydin was 24. I met Jaydin when I was kicked out and lived on the streets. He was 20 at the time, but he took care of me. He worked at the Denys where I used to sleep behind. He snuck me out meals, and bought me clothes. He took me home and gave me a place to stay. He never tried anything until I turned 16, that's when I started to loose a lot of weight and filled out, and my natural curves started to appear.

We stare red to like each other, and we started to have sex, and I fell in love with him, and every since then we been together.

"It was straight, ready to graduate, and get the hell up out of there". I said handing him Jaydin jr. I went to shower, and came back down and laid with my boyfriend and my baby. I loved those moments. The ones I charisma the most.

Janelle

Lashay, she was nice. I can't believe she went through what I went through, but I'm happy I have someone like me. I didn't go back to class because I was to hurt to go back. I knew Terrence was gone go and tell Rodkeveious, he already didn't like me because I was fat and ugly, not to mention I didn't smell so good. Hygiene isn't my strongest element. So knocking his nigga out with a textbook wasn't going to be a good thing on my plate.

I walked straight home, I walked passed Christine, and her skinny ass cat and straight down the narrow walls to my bedroom and slammed my door closed and cried in my pillow. I just let it all out. Let out all my feelings the heartache, emotional distraught, everything. Why did my mom give me up? Was I not good enough? She didn't even stay long to see what I would, or could become. She dashed on me before I even got a chance. Why?

She's not missing a damn thing. I'm fat! I'm ugly! I smell! And stupid! Everything Christine said I would be. Life is pointless. Why am I still on this earth? Why do I give life a chance? No one loves me, one one'll ever love me! I'm worthless. I'm just taking up space. So why live?

Ok guys! I know it's been a while! I've been so busy forgive me! Thanks for still reading and voting. But what did you think ? Please vote and comment

-yanaa
🎀