Chapter 31

HEY, I know it's been a while. I've been very busy lately. Thanks for all of you who have been patient with me. I truly appreciate it. Well enjoy this chapter! & if you guys don't mind, go read my other books. Secrets in the making, & cherish thanks-yanaa

Terrence

"Mistakes that should've never been made" Rod barked viciously before he stormed off, vanishing from our presence. We heard the door slam. I could tell he was furious; how could I blame him? I came into his home unannounced, I used to be his bestfriend, and now here I stand cowardly in front of his face out of all this time to admit that I'm the father of his niece and I've been sleeping with his sister who's far most older than me.

I lowered my head and placed my hands in my pockets. Damn. I thought to myself. I looked around and saw the shock upon the faces in the room. Pam's hand rubbed my back in comfort. "He'll come around, he just needs some time" she whispered. I just stood there. Not knowing what to say, how to react or what there is I could do. Momma Scott walked around the sofa still holding onto Symphony. "It's not the time for this honey" she said before waking off. Janelle looked up at me with squinted eyes, shook her head and walked off. I sighed as I watched her walk away. What the hell did I get myself into? "I think it's best if I just go" I murmured. Pam looked at me and then shook her head and sat down on the sofa. "No Terrence".

"Dinner will be ready soon, how about you all get cleaned up" Mrs.Scott told us quietly. I nodded my head at her and watched Pam leaving the living area and disappear around the corner. Mrs Scott came back around the corner and handed me my daughter. I held her in my arms and kissed her soft brown skin and told her that I loved her, and that I would never leave her. She made soft whimpers and moved uncomfortably around in my lap. I sat her up correctly and leaned my head against the rim of the sofa and thought about my mistakes. I'm so ashamed of myself.

Rodkevious

Leaving out of Terrence's and Pamela's sight was probably the best thing for me to do at the moment. I wanted to beat the living shit out of Terrence. What kind of friend are you? You were sleeping with my sister man, she was 36 and you were 18 that doesn't seem nasty to you? And you had a baby with her that you walked out on.

The door opened and I noticed it was just Janelle. She walked over and sat in my lap placing her arm around my neck. "I know your upset, disgusted maybe; but it'll be alright baby. Don't stress about it. You can't change it" she told me. Of course she was right but dammit I wanted to beat his ass and punch Pam in the bottom lip for being just as naïve. Pam was never smart with men; but with Terrence? Seriously? "I know Nelle, but damn. My sister and my EX best-friend"? I asked rhetorically. She sighed and got off my lap and placed her hands in the base of her hips, walking around the room. "I can't tell you I understand how you feel, because baby I don't. What I can tell you is, is hope for the best. You can't keep focusing on this and letting it ruin you. Let go and let God handle it. Look at what big of a blessing that mistake has made. You love Symphany and so do I. She needs us, she might not know wants going on now but dammit she'll find out and you holding on to it won't do anything but push her away".

Janelle made plenty of sense. I'm so stubborn I don't know if I can just go with this. I huffed and stood up. I walked towards Janelle and kissed her in her forehead, resting my chin in her head. "You're right, I can't promise that I'll get over it, but I'll try and make an effort". She backed away and grabbed my hand. "That's all that matters".

Leading me in the dinning area for dinner, I felt immediate rage when my eyes jetted across the room towards Terrence. Janelle looked at me and insisted me to stop what I was doing. I sighed rolled my eyes and pulled out her chair so she could be seated and went into the kitchen to help Mrs.Scott fix the dinner plates.

"It's fine baby, I got it; have a seat honey" she spoke stirring greens. "It's alright, I don't mind" she placed her spoon on a damp rag and put her hands on her hips. "The longer you stand here, the longer your hungry. Now sit"! She insisted. I chuckled a bit and placed my hands up and backed away. She smiled and started to fix plates.

-

"Alright y'all, dig in" she placed the last plate on the table and took a seat. "I almost forgot, did y'all say y'all grace" we shook our heads and started to eat. The table was silent; besides the sounds of slurping and forks hitting their plates.

Janelle broke silence by asking Terrence "how's he's been" not like she cared, she just didn't want him to feel left out. "I've been alright, I don't have to ask how y'all are. This house is real nice y'all look happy. Rod, you made it to the NBA and did I mention this house was amazing"? He cooed.

"Yeah, you did" I answered him annoyed. I felt Janelle nudge me from under the table. "I mean, uh thanks Terrence" I said.

He just shook his head and lowered it. "Uh, Terrence is thinking about going into the military" Pam tried saying to brag on him. "Or, he's thinking about playing ball, just like you Rod" she added. Terrence was garbage, he might wanna take up the military offer. "That's nice" I said dryly.

"You know what Rod, you say dumb stuck up"! She hissed. "Stuck up"?.. "Yeah! Stuck up, it took a lot of courage for Terrence to even come up here and face you" she continued. "Ain't nobody to tell that nigga to bring his ass up here" I barked. "You got your head so far up yo ass you can't smell yo own shit no more, now you won't sit here at this table and disrespect me; don't forget boy, I did RAISE you" she said.

"You should've been raising your damn self, because obviously you don't know what kind of decisions you need to make do you know that's rape Pamela"?

"Excuse you? Now you have taken this to far" she said standing up pointing her finger at me. "Rod, just stop" Janelle said. "You stay out of this" I told her.

"You can sit down, this ain't yo fucking house. First of all you brought his motherfucking nigga in MY CRIB, like this shit was gone be ok. Then you have the audacity to tell me he Symphany daddy, which means you know the whole fucking time. Didn't you"? I screamed causing Symphany to cry.

"Didn't you" I screamed again not acknowledging that Symphany was still crying. "Yeah, I did. I didn't tell you because I only knew how'd you react. Like a little bitch like you always like" she barked. Not controlling my anger I slapped Pamela hard. Terrence stood up and pushed me causing me to fall. "Man you lost your mine" he said over me. "Nah man you den lost yours" I said getting up.

"Alright I den had enough"! Mrs. Scott yelled causing the whole room to get quiet. "Rod are you crazy hitting on your sister"? She asked. "She raised you boy" she said.

"He's a dead man walking" I heard Pam yell! I turned around to see her hand held high with a knife in it. A sharpe pain entered my shoulder before I blacked out.

Ok I know it's been a while, thank you all for waiting.

I love you all

-yanaa🎀