THE WOODSVIEW WATCH

Your Source for Woodsview High News Since 2006

Tragedy Strikes at the Vigil

October 16, 2013

Woodsview High has been rocked to its core. Our sleepy town is no longer safe. And we've got two dead bodies to show for it.

As most of you know, our shoo-in valedictorian and resident smarty-pants Beatrice Thompson, was murdered. The sickest part of this crime is the fact that she was murdered at school, in the girl's bathroom, surely in a place that we're supposed to feel safe. Even now, authorities were hesitant to call it a murder, suggesting her death might be a suicide caused by teen angst and scholarly stress.

After tonight, I suspect that will change.

Woodsview High senior Garron Strode collapsed during the Beatrice's candlelight vigil, and—according to the news—later died at Woodsview Medical Center. All signs point toward him being poisoned, of course we won't know that for sure until toxicology results come back (if they're even made public). Garron was our student body Treasurer and an all-around good guy.

It's not clear to me at this time what's going on. Is the killer targeting Woodsview High's best and brightest or is the fact that they're both A.P. and honor roll students just a happy coincidence?

As more details emerge, I promise to keep you informed. Our greatest weapon at this point is information and awareness. Please, I urge you (if anyone actually reads this) to keep vigilant. Report any suspicious behavior to the Woodsview Police Department. Stay in groups and do not accept any gifts or food from people that you do not know.

Ever vigilant,

Avery Blair