THE WOODSVIEW WATCH

Your Source for Woodsview High News Since 2006  

The Woodsview Murders—What We Know So Far

October 18, 2013

I've been blogging for the Woodsview Watch since I was a freshman, covering everything from sporting event results to holiday assemblies to mystery meats. And most of the time, I'm ignored. It was only after I recently reported ACTUAL news, that this blog got attention. A lot of it.

But that wasn't all I got.

There were whispers in the hall. Things shouted as I walked past. The silent treatment. It seems like finally I broke through to you. And your response made me want to shy away from ever blogging about anything other than gym class uniforms ever again.

But someone close to me (Hi Quinn!) helped me realize something—every good news reporter must deal with the effects of the stories they write. Whether the response is good, bad or indifferent, it's my job—and my duty—to push forward. And that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to continue to report on the tragedies that have occurred at our school, and I'll be bringing the facts to you as I get them.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

So, let's talk about the Woodsview Harvester, who I believe is the person responsible for all the bloodshed on our campus. If I'm right, the Woodsview Harvester has already murdered two students and is likely on the hunt for the next victim as I type this.

But let's stick to the facts:

Fact: Beatrice Thompson died in the library bathroom Tuesday. At a press conference yesterday, Chief Cooper said the cause of death was asphyxiation, but they still have not ruled out suicide.

Fact: Garron Strode collapsed at the candlelight vigil at Woodview High Wednesday night. He died in the hospital shortly afterward.

Fact: The cup that Garron drank from smelled of garlic, as did his breath. While the toxicology results have not been released to the public, arsenic is often described as having a garlic-y odor.

Fact: Several students received a GhostChat message minutes after Garron's collapse. The message was from the profile WVHarvester, and featured an image of a liquid being poured into a cup of lemonade.

So what are we to make of these facts so far? The evidence certainly suggests that Garron was poisoned, which would make his death a murder. And if that's true, then it's hard to believe Beatrice's death was anything other than a murder as well. So, two murdered students, and a GhostChat messenger that is taunting their classmates.

Now, I'm not putting this out there to scare anyone—I'm trying to keep you informed. And you all should be keeping yourselves and each other safe until we know more.

Stay in groups, or at least don't go anywhere alone. Don't talk to or accept anything from strangers—especially food or drink. And if you get a GhostChat message from the WVHarvester account—DON'T OPEN IT! If you do, it will be gone. Instead, let the police know immediately. In fact, let them know about anything suspicious. This is not a game.

And speaking of games, don't forget the homecoming game is postponed until Sunday. We'll find on on Tuesday whether or not next week's harvest dance will be cancelled. As disappointed as a lot of folks will be, I can't help but think that may be the right move.

After all, what's the point of a dance if you're not alive to show up?

Ever vigilant,

Avery Blair