08

// Sophie //

"Now!" Gerard screamed. I leapt down off the roof, landing just in front of the doors. Both Scarecrows looked up in surprise as I lifted my gun up and fired two perfect shots.

"Go, go, go!" I yelled at the others, one by one they leapt down as an alarm went off and Dracs began to swarm me. I kept shooting as Frank rushed passed me into the building, ray gun at the ready.

Grace helped me clear off the rest of the Dracs and went back to where she would be hiding. I ran inside the building.

The rooms flashed red as I rushed through corridor after corridor. Frank yelled out from a nearby room and I bolted inside, shooting the Drac which had it's gun to Frank's head.

"Come on!" He called to me, following Gerard through the wide corridors. The alarm sirens screeched loudly as we shot Drac after Drac.

"Stop," A voice boomed over the speaker. "We make peace not war."

Korse.

I seemed to freeze as the voice filled the rooms. Apart from the sirens, everything else seemed silent. All I could hear was his voice, over and over.

Stop. We make peace not war. Stop. We make peace not war. Peace not war. Peace not war. Peace not war.

The doors swung open, and in marched Korse. I stood up to run but Frank held my arm. He knew that if I ran, Korse would shoot.

Korse clicked his fingers sharply and the sirens stopped. He looked at us with interest, a wide smile spreading across his face.

"Sophie Evans," He clapped his hands together. "With the Killjoys."

I yelled out as two Dracs held me back. Korse chuckled.

"It's the perfect love story," He continued, cocking his head to the side. "Runaway girl meets outcast boy and falls in love. How pathetic."

He placed a gun to Frank's head and I watched in horror. Panic surged through me as Frank's eyes widened in realisation.

"Come back to Battery City," Korse grinned menacingly, his gun still on Frank, "Or watch him suffer."

"Okay!" I screamed. "Just let him go."

Korse cocked his head again and chuckled some more. He pulled the gun away and pushed Frank to the ground.

"Such a true Killjoy," He beamed at me sarcastically. "Your leader will surely be proud."

"Shut up!" I screamed, spitting at his face. Korse jerked back, his expression turning to disgust and then anger.

"Take her to the cell to be neutralised!" He barked at the Dracs.

"Sophie!" Frank yelled out to me, tears streaming down his face. "Please! Let her go!"

I choked back tears as they began to drag me down the halls. The rooms were still flashing red.

"I love you!" I screamed out, my tears blurring everything. A sharp stinging sensation rushing through my neck, as my world turned dull and faded to black.

// Frank //

I started running, bolting out the white corridors; shooting at Dracs as I went. Party was waiting by the door. His eyes widened as he saw Sophie was missing.

"Where is she?" He blurted as we raced to the building. Grace helped us up. As soon as my feet hit the base of the roof, I started running again. Faster and faster.

Soon we were clambered over the fence and running to the truck. Shots began firing and sirens began to screech again as we leapt into the vehicle and began to speed away.

As I leant back into the seat, trying to get my heart rate to return to normal, it suddenly hit me; Sophie was going to die. She was going to become one of them.

I love you. Her words echoed through my head as I starred out into the night sky. I loved her too. I would never be able to let her know that.

// Sophie //

I opened my heavy eyes and tried to look around. My vision was blurred as I made out my surroundings.

I was strapped into a tight chair, metal bars wrapped around my wrists. I was completely naked; my clothes strewn across the floor. My heart began to thump.

What if they had done something to me?

My hair colour had been washed out so it was back to it's normal dirty blonde. I struggled to move just as the door swung open and Korse walked in, followed by someone else.

"Hello, Sophie." Korse smiled evilly. I struggled again, my heart thumping faster. "I have with me nurse Megan; you may recognise her."

My breathing hitched and everything seemed to slow down as the nurse stepped forward and met me face to face.

My sister Megan.

"Hello, Sophie darling." She smiled.

"Megan..." I stuttered, "I-I.."

"Megan has been with BLI for nearly ten years," Korse told me. "She's a proud member."

"B-but, you left to-"

"Become a Rebel?" She laughed. "An outcast? A Killjoy?"

I flinched at the way she used the term.

"Megan was neutralised, she then chose to become a nurse. She treats patients and uncured; like you."

"Here I have a purpose," She told me. "Back with the Killjoys I had no home, no meaning. They screwed me over."

"Who?" I croaked.

Wrinkles appeared on her forehead as she tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. Her hair was the same shade as mine.

"Never mind."

"You changed my hair back." I told her.

"It looked informal, we don't want the citizens of Battery City knowing you're an outcast."

"I'm a Killjoy." I spat, anger surging through me. She laughed lightly and took her clipboard from the side table.

"Not for much longer."

"Enjoy your poisoned thoughts whilst you can," Korse mused. "Suits you considering your Killjoy name is.."

"Pixie Poison." I snapped. Megan rolled her eyes.

"Let me guess, he chose that name for you?"

"Who's 'he'?" I hissed back.

"Party Poison." She retorted. "The most wanted man in California; although I'd barely call him a man."

"Now now, Megan." Korse smiled sickly sweet. "Let her have her little fantasies."

"Anyway, where were we?" She chirped. Korse chuckled.

"That's my girl." Gross.

Megan walked over to a table and began to fiddle around with some bottles. I watched in horror as she produced a large needle; filled to the brim with a yellow liquid.

"Now, hold still," She told me as she walked over to me. A wide smile was spread upon her face. "You won't feel a thing."