Chapter 1

Ace PoV
I stepped onto the bus, full of confidence. My bells jingled as everyone on the bus stared at my face paint. I smiled broadly at the entire bus before looking for a place sit. Everywhere was full, except from one solitary seat. I didn't care though. Dad had taught me ages ago that friends were overrated. Laughing at everyone's shocked faces, I skipped to the back and sat there. I was determined to trust nobody this term.

Lily-Rose PoV
I sat tentatively next to a shy looking guy. "Hi..' I whispered. I was surprised to see he heard me. "Hiya" was the response I got back. I gave myself a mental pep talk and told myself that if I didn't make friends I would be lonely all term, so it was best to start soon. "Names Lily-Rose by the way, you?" I asked, with confidence I did not have. "Jack......." Silence followed, until Jack broke it by saying, " so, why you here? I mean, if you want to tell, like, if you don't...." Jack trailed off. I felt so sorry for him, he had no confidence whatsoever. " Mums Pamela Isley- you'd know her by the name poison ivy " I told him. "Ahh, explains the green. Thought it was war paint like the girl at the back." We giggled for a bit then sat in silence for the long journey to Arkham high.