Chapter 4

Paul PoV
The crazy girl from the bus sits next to me. I glare at her, and she smiles back at me. "Hey! Nice ta meetcha. Names Ace. Can't you tell?" She giggles. I've heard that accent. A smile forms on my face. "By any chance is it... Ace Quinzel?" I lift my eyebrows mockingly. "Well now, that's not fair!" She pouts. "Now, to make it up to me, you have to tell me your name! See, it's a game!" I stare at her, trying to take everything in. Her hair is tied up into two plaits with black and white bows with bells holding them together. They swish when she moves. And those black eyes. Probably dark brown, but more dark than brown. Just like her mom. Her face paint is pure white, with a black ace painted beneath each eye. On her lips, a red smile is blocked by a black diamond underneath her Cupid's bow. Wait Paul, you idiot!
Why are you looking at her this much? She frowns. "IGNORANT PIG" I remember that I was meant to give her my name. "Erm.. Paul... Nigma..." I blushed. My dads reputation was basically mine now . Ace didn't seem to mind though, as she smiled broadly and giggled. " Jack Nigma? Ooh! Riddles your forte then, or something else?" She smiled mischievously "not exactly, but fine, riddle me this, what has six arms, can eat whole farms, and a million of them can make a man?" It was obviously a snowflake. Any amateur riddler would know THAT one. However, Ace seemed genuinely stuck. "Mites? Errrrr, atoms? FLIES? Ugh, I suck at this!" She jumps onto the floor and crosses her arms. "Want me to tell you?" I ask gently. I get a grunt back and take that as a yes. After I tell her she jumps up again. "Snowflakes! See, got it! See ya soon kiddo!" And with that she backflips off into the distance. I stare after her.

Aces PoV
He is obviously after me. I smile. Dumbo the second. After he thinks I have gone, I turn on my boots and jumps onto the only gargoyle I can see. He is still looking at the space I 'left'. I giggle. He's going to be good fun. I swing and jump across from the gargoyle, open an air vent and follow it into an empty storage room. For some reason, I'm not meant to be here. I crouch down as I hear voices. Definitely not meant to be here. I listen. " so what's the plan? "
" no plan, boss said. Just kill her and get over with it." I frown. So unimaginative. I creep round to see who the victim is. I don't know her apart from the uniform. That uniform. Rage fills my body and I shake. Deep breaths. In, and out.