Chapter 5

Hey guys, sorry about the bad drawing but I just wanted to show you what ace looks like in my head. Quick school drawing ❤️ Also I might not be posting as often as I want because I make most of these on the bus or on places I can't publish them, so then I forget. Imma let u read this now so yaaaaaa 😂

Lily-Rose's PoV
After a nice chat with Jack, things dulled down. Was this it? I look up and see a girl hidden in the shadows. She keeps staring at the place Paul had been looking at for a while now. Odd. I watch her carefully as she jumps from the shadows to the chandelier. It doesn't make a sound. Huh, she's light, I think. By now I am very intrigued. She jumps to an air vent, bends it open silently and climbed into the tiny boxlike trail. Since no one is looking, I creep out of the door ( unlocking it with my hair grip, classic ) and follow the dark shape in the tube into a shady room. She jumps down and I crouch down aswell. I hear mumbled voices, but obviously Mrs stealth here can hear what they are saying. She peeks from behind the boxes and it's as if she has been shot. She trembles on the floor, then stands up, ready to bust in and fight. Taking a quick peep, I see two bulky armed guards circling a woman in an orange jumpsuit. A woman from Arkham. I jump out and touch the mysterious girl's leg before she jumps out, and she silently punches me. I whisper " don't! They're armed and trained. You don't stand a chance. " She nods at me, and jumps back up to the air vent, but she doesn't go. She silently watches them, and when the smallest one is close enough, she swings off the air went and kicks him right in the head. I have to help, so I set to punching the second one. After a few seconds, the girl runs over to help me. I am so surprised at my sudden strength! Wow, this is great! Once he is unconscious ( I make sure not dead ), we run to untie the woman. "Girls!" She exclaims, pulling us into a big hug. The other girl struggles in the hug, but I hug her back. She needs the comfort. She sobs, but manages to get out a few words. " I knew your mothers... Worked with them." The sobbing slows and she gestures for us to sit. The girl stays put, but I sit, intrigued. " We became inseparable, me, Harley, Ivy and Selina. Best friends. Such a happy time, that was." The girl coughs loudly and glares at us both. "Who are you? Don't know you. And it's creepy you know me. Unless you don't? Answers." She growls. "It's ok honey, I know that this is a lot to take in. First, how do I know you? Your mum of course. When you were just a newborn and before Arkham, your mother would go on and on about you! She was in love with you, and you became her favourite card in her life, her Ace. " Its nice to hear all this, but why is this woman talking to 'Ace'? I have been nice to her, not rude like ace. I deserve the answers.

Jacks PoV
Lily has been gone for a while now. She could be hurt. I need to go after her. No Jack, she's 14, she can fend for herself. I just wish I knew where she went. She's so sweet. I am jolted out of my thoughts rudely by guards pushing past me. I am drugged, and the last thing I see is guards strolling past me through the big double doors. Then, eternal darkness.