Ice Cream

It was another normal day at the ice cream bar Helmeppo worked at. Well,  for a spring Wednesday it was. Not too many people were there. But one caught his eye. A pink-haired older teenager was sitting alone at the counter. He hadn't ordered anything yet, and was looking increasingly dejected as time went on.

Looking around, the blonde noticed the two were alone in the shop for a while. So he moved over to where the man was sitting and leaned on the bar counter.

"So, is there anything I can get you that'll get that frown off your face?" Helmeppo asked. The teen looked startled at the sudden attention.

"Me?" The blonde raised an eyebrow.

"You see anyone else here? What's your name."

"Ah, you're right. I'm sorry. My name's Coby. And I'm guessing your name's Helmeppo?" He laughed. It was obvious Coby had read his nametag.

"It is. So what are you doing here all alone? I know it's not my busines but you seemed a bit down."

"Well, I was asked on a date by a girl. And apparently she won't be coming. It was just a joke for her. But I don't really mind it." Helmeppo leaned foreward. How could someone do such a terrible thing? Especially to someone that attractive...

"Really? Even after she tricked you?" He moved to the machine behind the counter. "You like chocolate?"

He heard Coby laugh nervously. "I actually prefer boys. And vanilla if you don't mind." Helmeppo made the pink haired teen a sundae and, after putting some caramel on top, slid it towards the male.

"You and me both. Well, I have a greater taste for chocolate." Coby smiled at that and started eating.

"I know this is an odd question but how old are you?" Helmeppo blinked. That was one he didn't hear often.

"Eighteen. Turning ninteen this July. You?"

"Turned ninteen in May. I haven't seen you around before though. It's a shame." Helmeppo gave the other a small smile. It seemed like Coby was trying to flirt.

"And it's a shame you never came around here before. I would have loved to see you." He noticed a pink tint appear on Coby's cheeks. It added to the young man's awkward cuteness.

"O-oh, um. I should probably pay..." Coby started fumbling for his wallet.

"Don't bother." Helmeppo waved a hand dismissively. "I'll pay for you."

"Ah! Thank you. But if it isn't too much to ask, could I have your number?"

"Definately." The blonde grabbed a napkin and a pen and quickly wrote down the numbers. "Here you go. Should I hope to see you again?"

"Thank you again. And yes, you should. Dinner sometime?"

"That sounds wonderful."