Chapter 13

Nico could feel the silent tears slipping down his face. How did this get here? He was sure that it had burned in the -

He remembered how it had started. He was exactly 8 years old, it was after his birthday party and all of his friends had already left. His mother was in the livingroom, cleaning up the balloons and confetti while his sister was upstairs studying. He thought that it would be nice to bake a cake to thank his mother.

But Nico didn't know how to bake a cake.

So he googled it.

He put all the ingredients on the counter ,while his mother was vacuuming the floor. He had the butter, vanilla extract, eggs, flour and cake mix, so he figured that he was ready to make it.

He stood on his stool to reach one of the big bowls. He almost dropped it, but luckily he had good balance. He than got off and placed it on the counter. Nico smiled, he was so proud of himself he was sure that he could bake the cake. He took the eggs and cracked two of them in the bowl. He had yolk on his hands, so he reached for the hand towel over the rack, he dried his hands, then promptly dropped it on the floor. Next was the flour. He took a measuring spoon and dug it into the baf. When he removed his hand his olive skin had been turned to a powder white. He giggled and wiped it on his shirt. He then dumped that into the bowl. He had the box of cake mix and poured that in. He put a few drops of vanilla extract too. Then he took a big spoon and started to stir the thick mixture. He giggled and thought how proud his mother would be. That he made the cake all by himself. When he felt like it was ready he put the cake in the oven and paused.

He needed the cake in thirty minutes.

That was no problem he thought . I'll just turn the temperature so it cooks faster.

He took his little stool and put the oven on it's highest temperature.

260°C

He then got off his stool and heard his mother turn off the vacuum.

"Nico, Dove sei?"

Nico giggled again.

"Sono qui, Mama"

"Dove Bianca?"

"Non lo so"

"Bianca" his mother yelled "Dove sei?"

"Nella mia stanza" Bianca said from her room.

"Sto andando. Prega di guardare dopo Nico."

"Si mama"

With that his mother had left the house.

Nico ran upstairs to go play with hi toys. He was having a lot of fun. He was playing mythomagic, his favorite game. So far, Hades had defeated Zeus. Then He heard someone scream. Nico quickly got up and ran to his door, flinging it open. He screamed and retreated to the back of the room.

There were flames everywhere.

He started screaming Bianca's name but all he could hear was her mirroring his screams.

"MAMA!" He screamed. He was terrified he could see the red inferno licking his carpet from the bottom of the door.

Nico was terrified. He didn't know what to do, so he kept screaming his mama's name.

"MAMA,MAMA! DOVESEI?"

Nico could still hear Bianca screaming downstair.

Then he heard it, his mother screaming for him. He ran and opened his door.

He screamed again.

He could see his mother and Bianca burning. His mother's face was up in flames and was a black char crisp. He felt a strong pair of arms pull him back, but he started to fight them, He needed to save Mama and Bianca. He heard a voice telling him it was alright and that he would be ok, but he didn't care, what about Mama and bianca, would they be ok.

The person holding him handed him to someone else, who proceeded to tell him it was alright.

He never saw Mama or Bianca again after that.

"Nico!"

Nico opened his eyes to see ... tan skin?

Than he realized someone was holding him, He buried his face onto their neck and inhaled their scent.

Old Spice.

Will's Old Spice.

Will pulled back and looked at Nico in concern.

"Are you ok, you kept screaming in Spanish or something".

"Italian" Nico muttered, looking away from Will.

"It looked like you were having a seizure. I Don't think we should go out. We can just stay here and," Will looked around and stopped at the movie rack. "We could watch a movie!" He offered Nico a smile. Nico blushed and nodded his head.

------------

There's my angst for the day. Hope you guys enjoyed it. 

Transaltions

"Nico, Dove sei?"  Nico, where are you

"Sono qui, Mama"  Over here, mother

"Dove Bianca?"  Wheres Bianca

"Non lo so"  I don't know

"Dove sei?"  Where are you

"Nella mia stanza"  In my room

"Sto andando. Prega di guardare dopo Nico." Im going out. Please look after Nico

"Si mama" Yes mother