The Burning Snow (A Naruto FanFic): Prologue.

I IN NO WAY OWN NARUTO OR ANY CHARACTERS IN IT, NOR DO I OWN THE ORIGINAL STORY LINE, BUT THE CHARACTER I HAVE MADE AND THE PLOT I HAVE CREATED ARE MINE!!

I do hope you all enjoy this and I will be adding the first chapter as soon as I finish it. :3

This is a short chapter, I know, but it is just an introduction. The next chapter will be fairly longer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                All she could remember was darkness. No lights, no sound. Nothing. One second she was surrounded by emptiness and the next she was in a cold, white world. Blinking a few times, she laid where she was in the snow, dazed and confused. Where was she? Sitting up, she looked around, her black eyes that had a deep golden color around the center of them and silver speckles in them, as if the universe itself were trapped in them, but saw nothing but snow in all directions. The sound of footsteps caught her attention and she looked towards the direction it was coming from. Slowly, a dark figure, small to her eyes, appeared and formed into a small animal. It was a black fox. Not very good camouflage for such an area, but she couldn’t judge him. Her hair made her stand out in all the white. Same with her black coat. The fox trotted up to her and nudged her hand, pawing at it slightly. Raising her hand, the girl placed it gently on the fox’s head. Pushing its head into her hand, she smiled some as she pet the odd little creature.

                Standing up slowly, she looked around, wondering which way to go. That was when she realized the bad coloring in the snow. Narrowing her eyes at the dark colored snow, she grimaced at the smell. Blood. Looking around again, she saw that the blood led to somewhere else. Following the trail of blood, the fox at her feet, she walked until she came to a village. It was empty. No one was to be seen or heard as she walked to the towns’ center. What happened here? There was blood everywhere, but there was no sight of any bodies. Frowning, she looked at the entrance to the village and what she saw made her eyes widen in shock. There, hanging from the arch into the village, were the villagers. All of whom were mangled, bloody, and just thrown on there. Letting out a scream of horror, she fell back, moving backwards in a fast manner to try and get away from the horrid sight. But it was still there, burned into her mind.

                She didn’t know how long she was sitting there, just staring at the bodies, but she didn’t realize the people moving around her until one came up to her and spoke to her. “Are you alright, child?” He asked. Blinking, she looked at the male with her unearthly eyes and just stared, not saying anything.

“Can you at least tell me your name?” He asked after a while, not wanting to force here to tell him anything she didn’t want to. She didn’t say anything for quite a while and he was about to give up until she spoke in the softest, sweetest voice he had ever heard. It was like a song, a dark melody that made him a bit dizzy. “Phoenix. My name is Phoenix.” She replied, petting the black fox that now rested, curled up, on her lap.

                Frowning some, he nodded and called to someone as she looked down at her fox. All she remembered before falling into a deep sleep, was a comforting voice before warm arms wrapped around her and lifted her from the snow.