Chapter Six; A Relaxing Day Gone Bad.

Hey everyone! Sorry for not posting in quite a long time. Lol. Had a lot to do with my senior year, so I haven’t had much time to post for you all. BUT! I am back and will be getting as much as I can up. (:

So, there will be a lot happening and it will get very interesting, I hope. So, enjoy and remember to leave your thoughts and what not!! ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix soon became the highest ranking Genin in her class, outranking everyone with ease. Some of the students hated her for it, but her team was happy that she learned so quickly and was able to keep up with everything. Even with all the missions they were going on and helping with, they still had time to hang out and relax with one another. They got into a few scrapes every now and again, but Phoenix was able to get them out of them fairly easily. Shikamaru and Phoenix only grew closer after their date, always spending time in the evenings with each other so Phoenix wasn’t mad all the time at home with Guy and Lee.

Yawning, Phoenix collapsed on to the grassy shore next to the small river near the village as the boys jumped in and splashed around. Smiling some, she watched them, wondering what life would have been like if she didn’t meet them. Frowning some, she looked away quickly, not wanting the others to see the sad look in her eyes. Ino came up to her then, sitting down right next to her. Smiling, she gently pushed the other, tilting her head to the side some. “What you thinking about, Phoenix?” She asked, hugging her knees to her chest before looking back out at the water.

Phoenix shook her head some as she sat up, looking out at the water as well. “Just some silly things, like how my life would be like if I didn’t meet you guys.” She replied with a sigh. Ino looked at Phoenix with a sad look before hugging her.

“Don’t ever think like that, Phoenix. You know me, Choji, and Shikamaru will always be here for you. No matter what happens, we will always be with each other, ok? Sure, I may not be the best person to hang around, but that doesn’t mean I’m not here for you and you know that.” Ino said, smiling as she rested her head on Phoenix’s shoulder. Smiling, Phoenix rested her cheek on the top of the others head, holding her close, knowing she was right.

After their little day off from missions, all the teams headed back into town to go their separate ways. As Phoenix headed toward her house, she heard someone calling out her name. Turning, she saw Naruto running toward her before he tripped and fell on his face. Laughing some, she shook her head and walked over to him, helping him up. “What is it, Naruto?” She asked, brushing him off and ruffling his hair to get the dirt out of it. Smiling a cheeky smile, Naruto rubbed the back of his head a bit.

“Oh, I was just wondering if you wanted to get ramen, that’s all.” He said, laughing some. Seeing as Phoenix just got done working and earned quite a bit of money, she had more than enough to get them each several bowls of ramen. Nodding, she linked her arm with his and lead him to his favorite noodle stand.

“I have plenty of money and I know you love your ramen, so get as much as you want, Naruto.” Phoenix said as Naruto and her sat down on the bench. She ordered one bowl for herself for the time being so it would be nice and hot while she ate it. Once her ramen arrived, she pretty much inhaled it and was on her second bowl, same as Naruto. They came here together on occasion and had contests to see who could eat the most ramen before giving up. Phoenix always won, which was a surprise to most at first.

As they ate, they talked about how each was doing with their training and what not. It seemed Naruto was having trouble, as he always did with his moves. She saw the seal on his stomach, so she figured it had to do with his demon, but she never said such a thing. She did help him the best he could, though. Once they were done eating, Phoenix walked Naruto home before heading home herself, figuring it would be a normal walk as always. Yawning some, she rubbed at her eyes, frowning at how tired she felt all of a sudden.

Then, out of nowhere, everything went black. Frowning, Phoenix collapsed in confusion and soon fell into a deep sleep. Faintly, she could feel her body being lifted and carried somewhere, but she couldn’t seem to wake herself up to see where she was being taken. How could someone possibly get the best of her so easily? She didn’t know, but she would be so mad when she woke up.

Meanwhile, back at home…

Guy frowned, looking around for Phoenix, seeing as she normally fixed dinner for them by this time. Looking throughout the whole house, he goes to Lee’s room and knocks on the door. “Hey, Lee, have you seen Phoenix?” He asked. Lee looked at Guy and shook his head in response.

“No, I haven’t. She isn’t in her room?” Lee wondered, standing up to go check in her room. When they opened her door, what they saw made them freeze. Well, it was more like what they didn’t see. Normally, there were things throughout the room of hers, like posters and what not, but there was nothing. Going in, they looked in the drawers and in the closet and saw all her clothes gone. They started to worry at the sight of all her things gone.

Sure, they irritated her, but they knew well enough that she enjoyed living here with them and helping take care of them. With that, they rushed to go get Kakashi and Phoenix’s team. Telling them what happened, everyone began to worry, knowing she wouldn’t do such a thing. They decided to go to the Kage about it the next day, not wanting to disturb him while he was resting. Maybe she would come back in the morning, was what they all thought.

Back with Phoenix, now…

Phoenix groaned as she slowly woke up, wincing at the pain in her head. Everything around her was dark and she was just a little scared, but she stayed strong because she had to be. Hearing something near her, she quickly looked to the side, growling some as she bared her teeth. A laugh filled the air then as a male with long black hair and golden eyes appeared.

“No need to be afraid, love. You are safe here.” He said, a slight hiss in his voice, which seemed natural for his voice, apparently. Frowning, she sat there and just stared at him before looking around again and trying to free her hands from the bonds. “Where the hell am I?” She asked, glaring at the other again, growling once more.

“You are safe, Phoenix, that is all that matters.” He says, his voice kind of low as he moved closer to her. He was really starting to creep her out and she didn’t want him any closer than he was right now. Still, he moved closer, which made her shift some, very uncomfortable now. Frowning, she looked away from him, not liking the look in his eyes.

“Orochimaru, stop creeping her out already. You know how hard it is the first time people take it when they first meet you.” A new voice said, making her look to the side at a silver haired male. Blinking, she frowned at looked between the both of them before sighing. “Can I please be untied? I feel kind of vulnerable sitting here like this…” Phoenix murmured, yanking at her bonds.

The bonds were removed and she stood up, rubbing her wrists some as she looked around more. Sighing, she shook her head and looked at Orochimaru. “Now you can tell me what I am doing here.” She said, her voice firm and demanding, making the male laugh a kind of breathy laugh.

“That is something that will be kept for later. I have things to do, Kabuto will show you to your quarters for your stay here.” He said before disappearing into the shadows. Kabuto sighed and shook his head, pushing his glasses up on to his nose. “Sorry about him, he takes a while to grow accustom to.” He said, leading Phoenix toward her new room. Sure, it was nothing compared to her room at Guy’s place, but it sure was extravagant.

She was curious as to what the others were doing right now, but she knew she would have to play along with this Orochimaru for now. Sitting down on her bed, she waved at Kabuto before smiling some and lying down. It wasn’t so bad here, so she thought she would stay until she got tired of it here and went back. Even so, she already missed Shikamaru and wished she could see him. Sadness filling her, she laid down and soon fell asleep again.

A sweet breeze blew through the air as Phoenix walked into a snow covered field, cherry blossoms encircling it. She was dressed in a flowing white gown with powder blue flowers and a powder blue bow that tied in the back, the tails traveling down to almost her ankles. As she walked, she saw Shikamaru, dressed in all white as well, much different from his normal attire. Smiling brightly, she picked up her dress skirt and ran toward him, so glad to finally be able to see him. “Shikamaru!” She called out, laughing lightly.

Smiling as well, Shikamaru laughed as he caught Phoenix in his arms, spinning her around before kissing her cheek lightly. “Oh, Phoenix, I miss you so much..” He said, burying his face into her shoulder. “Where are you?” He asked, looking at her as he took her face gently into his hands. Frowning some, she looked into his eyes, blinking some. Then, she remembered she was kidnapped by that snake man. Sighing, she shook her head and looked down.

“I do not know where I am.” She said quietly, looking back into the others eyes. “I was unconscious when they brought me to wherever it is that I am staying.” She said. Shikamaru had a sad look in his eyes, but it went away quickly and he smiled, taking a hold of her hand, leading her toward a blanket set out for the both of them. Sitting down, Phoenix rested her head on Shikamaru’s shoulder, smiling softly as she held his hand.

“I miss you, Shiki…” Phoenix said quietly, looking at their hands. Shikamaru lifted her head gently, looking into her eyes as he smiled softly. The answer to her words were there in his eyes, she could tell, but it still took her breath away. Blushing lightly, she looked away for only a moment before looking back at him again. She saw that he was a little closer now, making her breath come in and out in shallow huffs. Blushing more, she tried to move away, but couldn’t seem to move from where she was.

Shikamaru leaned in only a little further and brushed his lips lightly against Phoenix’s lips, slipping a hand behind her neck and--

Phoenix woke up with a gasp as a loud noise rang through the air. “Bloody hell, what in all the world was that?!” She yelled, storming out into the main part of the house it seemed she was in. Right then, she was dressed in a black silk nightgown that flowed around her effortlessly. Kabuto and Orochimaru looked up at her, blinking some. Her hair was a bit wild from sleep and both men seemed to blush at such a sight. Shivering at the weird looks she was getting from them, she shook her head and walked down the steps, black fuzzy slippers on her feet.

“You two really need to learn how to keep it down when a lady is sleeping.” She said, standing in front of them now, crossing her arms over her chest. She was calm for just being kidnapped, but she was going to figure out a way to get out of the place soon enough. Kabuto cleared his throat before shooing Orochimaru off for his next mission that he said he had to do. Once he was gone, Kabuto turned to Phoenix, looking her over.

“You are rather calm for one that has just been taken from her village.” Kabuto said, holding his hands behind his back. Phoenix simply raised an eye brow.

“Fortunately for you two, it is not the first time I have been taken from my village, sir.” She said, walking around as she looks at all the things Kabuto and Orochimaru were working on. Sighing some, she looked at Kabuto again, frowning some. “Now, why exactly did you two so graciously kidnap me?” She wondered, raising an eye brow some. Kabuto shrugged some, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Orochimaru said he was drawn to you and what you could do, so he just up and did it once you’ve..ripened, so to speak.” He said, shrugging again. Phoenix just stared at him. Was he really serious? That had to be the most creepiest thing she had ever heard. Shivering, she gagged a bit as she put a hand over her mouth. Swallowing some, she frowned and looked at Kabuto.

“You have got to be kidding me… He kidnapped me because he is infatuated with me?” She said, laughing some. “That has got to be the most disturbing things I have ever heard. She said, shaking her head.

Back in the Village Hidden in the Leaves…

Guy, Lee, Ino, Choji, Shikamaru, Naruto, and Kakashi all went to the Kage right in the morning, making sure he was up and fully rested. Explaining everything that happened the night before with Phoenix and how they waited until morning to see if she would appear. Seeing that she didn’t, they came to him to seek help on what to do now.

“She is an exceptional student, there is no doubt about that.” The Kage said, rubbing his goatee in thought. Frowning some, she looked at the group of ninja’s before him, he sighed some before motioning one of his guards to go and get a group ready. “We will start looking for her right away. All Genin are to stay here, the rest are to head with the group I have put together for such a mission.” He said.

All the Genin stayed put, determination on their faces. “There is no way we are just going to sit back and wait for them to find her!” Shikamaru said, his hands clenched tightly into fists. “We can help find her and if you don’t let us go, we will just go on our own regardless.” He added more strongly this time.

The Kage raised an eye brow before simply smiling and nodding. “Very well, you will go with Guy and Kakashi to look for your friend. I’m sure there is a lot more about her than we know and I won’t let her get into the wrong hands for many reasons. Now go!” He said, shooing them all out of his office.

Smiling, Phoenix’s team, along with Guy, Lee, Kakashi, and Naruto headed out, getting everything they needed before heading out in search of their friend and beloved class mate. They would stop at nothing until they got her back home, safe and sound. How she could disappear without a trace was beyond anyone’s knowledge, but they were determined to find out the reasoning behind it all.

Heading down the road toward the gate to the village, the rather large search party were now set and ready for their journey into the wild and toward their main goal: find and rescue Phoenix from the clutches of whomever had her held captive. They all wondered if she was suffering and being tortured. No one knew who had taken her, so that was going to be a challenge in and of itself as well. They would figure it out soon enough, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so this is the end for now, but there will be more in the next chapter, so look on to the next one!! ^^

There is going to be a lot more to this than what you have read so far, so please read on!! (:

Just remember to leave thoughts and opinions so I know what to do for next time!! <3