Chapter 7: Left Behind

[(Y/N)'s POV, One Week After the Breach]

I suddenly started coughing violently and gasping for breath. I opened my eyes and saw that I was on some sort of cot. I looked around and saw two people. One was a man in a lab coat, he looked to be a doctor and held a defibrillator. The other was Neo, who was staring at me with tears in her eyes.

Me: "Where the hell-"

I tried to sit up but cried out in pain as a sharp pain went through my stomach.

Doc: "Calm down. Try not to move, you're not quite in stable condition yet."

I held onto my stomach and looked at the man.

Me: "Where am I?"

Doc: "I'll let you and your girlfriend talk this over."

Me: "She's not my girlfr-"

I cursed as I tried to sit up again but couldn't due to the pain. Neo put both hands on my chest and lightly pushed me back down. The doctor exited the room and shut the door behind him. I laid there and scanned the room. We seemed to be in some kind of small house. By the looks of it I was in the living room.

Me: "Get off me."

I brushed her hands off of my chest. She stared at me with pain in her eyes.

Me: "What?"

She pulled out a notepad and began to write with shaky hands.

Neo: "I'm sorry. I thought you were gone."

Me: "Will you stop that? I let my guard down once, it won't happen again."

Neo: "Please, (C/N), I never meant to hurt you."

Me: "Yeah, well you can make it up to me by going peacefully when my team comes to get me."

She didn't do anything for a moment then wrote on her notepad.

Neo: "They aren't coming for you."

Me: "Of course they are. They'd never leave me behind."

Neo: "They left you in the tunnel to die. I was the one who saved you."

Me: "That's... That's not true, they wouldn't just leave me...."

Neo: "Then why are you here? And not at Beacon. And..."

She pulled out her scroll and handed it to me. There was image on it, of my team and some girl I don't know, the girl had long black hair that reached her mid back. She had one green and one blue eye, the green eye seemed to have a crosshair in it.

Neo: "Why do they have a new leader?"

Me: "They... Replaced me?"

Neo: "Her name is DreadShot. She's a sniper just like you."

She swiped to side and the image changed to them laughing and smiling.

Me: "It's... As if I wasn't even there..."

Neo put her scroll back and sat on the side of the cot I was on. She put a hand on my chest and rubbed in circles, I suppose to try and sooth me.

Neo: "But I'm here. I care about you no matter."

I looked up at her as she smiled down at me. I placed my hand on her's and took a deep breath.

Me: "I can't believe it... They were family to me... we grew up together..."

Neo: "Its okay. I'm here for you. I'll never leave you."

Me: "Thank you Neo... at least you stuck by my side... even if we aren't on the same side."

Neo: "About that..."

I heard the door open up followed by the clicking of heels. I looked over to see a woman with black hair and glowing amber eyes. She gave me a smirk as she got to the edge of my cot. I noticed that her dress had dust fused into it, an old trick, something I haven't seen in a long time.

???: "Now. Let's discuss what happens next."

[(A/N): Hey guys! Sorry about the really short chapter, I just wanted to get things set up for the future chapters. Anywho, DarkPrince out!]