Chapter 10: Can You?

[Time Skip, One Day]

I stood atop the roof that overlooked the enterance to the warehouse. Everything was quiet, besides the noise from inside the hideout. I scanned the area and saw nothing, but I still stayed alert. A White Fang operation was interrupted yesterday not too far from here, so Cinder decided to have me come to the roof and take out anyone poking their nose where it doesn't belong. I stood in place without moving, until the door to the roof opened. I looked behind me to see Neo, holding two cups of coffee. She smiled at me and handed me one. I took off my mask and smiled.

Me; "Thank you."

I took a drink and almost spit it out. It was so sickeningly sweet, she must've put an entire bag of sugar in the cup. I gave Neo a smile and set the cup down, then continued to look over the area around the warehouse. Everything was quiet, it was a rather peaceful night. Neo and I started to "talk", as usual I spoke and she wrote on her notepad. We mainly conversed about our plans after Cinder's scheme was complete, or at least our part of the plan.

Neo: "We could always find somewhere to live together, like Menagerie."

Me: "Why there?"

Neo: "It would be a safe spot, considering its mainly run by the White Fang."

Me: "Oh yeah. I guess that would be a nice spot, although it's a bit cro-"

I caught something out of the corner of my eye and quickly turned, pulling up my rifle and looking though the scope. I spotted the source. What caught my eye was a slight blue glow. Around the corner of a nearby building peeked DreadShot. Her rifle gave her away instantly. I quickly put my mask back on.

Me: "Neo, we've got visitors."

I turned to see her already jumping down from the roof onto the ground. DreadShot leaned out from cover just a hair too much and I quickly locked onto her. I went to pull the trigger... but I hesitated. It felt like forever, the time I had been waiting for revenge. I glanced down at Neo... and quickly made up my mind. I pulled the trigger on my Cheytac M-200 Intervention with a suppressor. The Aura Piercing rounds I use make my rifle a lot louder; but the silencer helps keep it manageable. Before the bullet made contact DreadShot was yanked back behind the building by someone else, presumably by one of my former teammates. I chambered my next bullet and set my sights on that buildings corner. I quickly moved my position and kept my eyes glued to the building. I waited for a moment but they wouldn't make a move, I looked down to Neo. We made eye contact and I motioned for her to flush them out. She suddenly smiled and disappeared. Another moment passed by then suddenly Dark was knocked from out behind his cover. I quickly adjusted my aim and fired for his chest, however a glyph formed under him making him move forward just fast enough to dodge the bullet. I turned and got the heiress in my sights, who had turned the corner just in time to save my old teammate. Just as I was about to pull the trigger, I caught a glimpse of something being thrown onto the roof. I turned to see Blake had used the ribbon on her sword to launch Yang into the air with enough momentum to land on the building. I quickly pulled my side arm, my M1911, from my side and aimed straight for her forehead. Everything seemed to slow as I pulled the trigger, the bullet fired, the shell was ejected and as soon as the gun was ready to fire again (about .7 seconds or so) I pulled the trigger again. She raised her gauntlets and blocked the first one, but let the second clip her left arm. It didn't go through her aura but I could tell it still damaged her badly. As she staggered back another figure was flung onto the roof, this one being Ruby. I quickly pulled my second side arm from my opposite side and aimed at Ruby. She sped forward, quickly getting within my range of attack. I dodged backwards as she began slashing at me with her scythe. I caught the glimpse of yellow as Yang came at me from the right, I quickly aimed one pistol at her and began firing as I still dodged Ruby. Yang quickly changed directions and started dodging and rolling to avoid my bullets. I waited for an opening then swiftly kicked Ruby in the stomach, enough to push her back. Neo had trained me slightly in hand-to-hand combat, so I knew enough to hold myself in certain situations. I glanced down to the street to check on Neo, which I didn't really need to do seeing as she was dodging around each of her opponents with ease. I turned back only to be met with Yang's fist to my gut, which made me feel back towards the edge of the roof. She came at me again, going for a right hook to my head. I quickly ducked under her punch, then grabbed onto her and twisted myself so that she was thrown off the roof.

Ruby: "Yang!"

I aimed at Ruby and fired, however she used her scythe to block the bullet. Suddenly the door to the roof burst open, and out came a dozen White Fang grunts and a lieutenant. They aimed their rifles at Ruby. I looked over the roof to see even more White Fang surrounding the remainder of Team RWBY and my old teammates. This made me think back to how many times my team and I had been in that situation, surrounded with almost no chance of escape. We'd always find a way though.

Me: "Make sure to cover the faunas! Don't let the one in the mask move his arms! And keep the one in the trench coat at a distance!"

I shouted to the White Fang. Suddenly Dreadshot looked up to me.

Dreadshot: "Marksman!"

Luckily the mask muffles my voice to change it enough to fool my old team, but I forgot about her.

Me: "Restrain them and bring them inside."

[Time Skip, Brought to You By Chibi (C/N) Holding an Umbrella for Neo While it's Raining]

I stood in from of the two teams as they were tied up. Ghost was covered by four different guards due to his semblance. I held my pistol in my hand and slowly walked forward.

Dreadshot: "Marksman, why are you doing this...?"

Me: "My reasons are my own. I'm simply not a good guy anymore."

Dreadshot: "Anymore?"

I ignored her.

Me: "Team Shadow. Your leader died in the breach a while back, didn't he? You replaced him pretty quick."

Ghost was visibly angered by my comment.

Ghost: "We needed a leader! But no one could replace (C/N)! He was family!"

Me: "Yet you didn't even bother to look for him. You left him for dead.

Smoke: "We would never turn our back on one of our own... We couldn't risk letting Grimm back into the city. We didn't want to leave him..."

Me: "What if he was still alive as you trapped him down there? I'm sure he'd feel betrayed."

Ghost suddenly used his semblance and lunged forward at me, raising his fist to punch me. Neo suddenly got in front of me and grabbed onto his arm, then flipped him over. The White Fang quickly aimed their rifles at him. I raised my hand, telling them to stop.

Ghost: "Shut the fuck up! He was like a brother to me!"

Me: "You never were good at hand to hand combat Ghost. Then again, neither was I."

Ghost: "How do you-"

I slowly pulled off my mask, and looked at him.

Me: "Because I've known you for years old friend."

Team Shadow: "(C/N)?!"

Me: "Sorry. But this touching reunion is going to be cut short."

I aimed my pistol at Ghost and pulled the hammer back. Flashes of our time together flooded my mind. The missions we had, the training... he was right we were so close that he was nearly my brother. I hesitated.

Me: 'Is this really what I want...?'

[(A/N): Hey guys! Yet another moral choice for you, the readers, to make. Will you spare them and rejoin your old team. Or will you kill them, and leave your past behind. This choice determines the fate of our young soldier, so choose wisely. Anywho, DarkPrince out!]