Chapter 2

I felt whatever that had been over my head slip of. The someone untied the blind fold. My mouth still had duct tape on it. I was sitting on a wooden chair inside the warehouse. It was dark and cold and little sunlight was shining through.
Suddenly three men walked over in front of me. One of them was the man that had been outside and I didn't know the two other ones.
"This was easier that I thought," one of the men said. "We're going to get all the money from his company."
They walked away into the shadows of the room and then appeared another man. I recognized him instantly. He had a white painted face, green hair, blue paints and a purple shirt. The Joker. Finally we had met face to face once again even though he had no idea that right in front of him was Batman.
"Bruce Wayne," he said walking towards me. "I've heard you've got a lot of money...I want that money."
I didn't reply mostly because I had duct tape over my mouth.
"I wonder what it will take to get all of that money," the Joker said. "Kidnapping you? Torturing you? Or threatening to kill you? I'm not gonna kill you Bruce, I just want your money...all of it. Because I know about your parents and how rich they were..."
I groaned through the duct tape angrily.
"Hey!" One of the men from earlier came running into view. "All the cops are gone! The bank is unsupervised...so much money in there sir."
"I guess we can take a break from Bruce," the Joker replied. "We will go to the bank."
They put the blind fold and duct tape back on me.

They had left and I had been sitting in the chair for an hour until the door to the warehouse opened again. A heard small footsteps walking around the room.
"Oh!" I heard a familiar voice say, "He left me a note! Gone to rob the bank...you heard of Bruce Wayne? Well we got him...and we're taking all of his money..."
They gasped and then I heard footsteps walking towards me.
"Bruce Wayne?" They asked. "I think I remember from the night club!"
They took the duct tape and blindfold off of me. Then there she was, Harleen Quinn.
"And I remember you," I said. "Harleen-"
"Don't say that name!" She exclaimed. "And I've guessed you figured it out...but I don't care."
She turned around and didn't face me.
"I've got the Joker now," she said, "and he loves me...and I don't care about you anymore."
She was crying.
She then turned around and looked at me. She walked towards me and then towered over me.
I kept eye contact with her waiting for her to do something. She then climbed onto my lap and grabbed my cheeks and kissed me. I want to hug her but my hands were tied up. She was still crying through the kiss and I don't know if she was sad, happy, or both. But as long as I was kissing her it was alright. She broke away from the kissed and moved her head to the right. She moved her hands down the back of the chair and was trying to untie the rope around my hands. I kissed her cheek and then she freed my hands. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer and kissed her. She ran her fingers through my hair. Finally after a while of kissing I broke away from the kiss.
"I've missed you," I said, "I really have."
"You don't want me anymore though," she said.
"I thought you were dead," I replied, "and you don't even know how much it destroyed me to see the Joker torturing you...I'm still in love with you and I don't care who you are. I can make you better and you can come and we can live together and be together."
"I love you too," she said caressing my cheek, "but I don't know if that's going to happen...Mr. J will find me. You don't even know how much I want to come with you and how much I love you...but I do love Mr J. And if I leave him...he'll do bad things to me."
"I won't let that happen," I said, "we can even call the police."
"But then I'll be sent back to Arkham," she said, "but I know I would be able to trust you and you would never send me back there...the first time you did it I had agreed-"
"But that was before I realized who you really were," I said, "that you were Harleen."
She kissed me again.
"When's the Joker going to be back?" I asked as she kissed me cheek.
"When did he leave?" She asked.
"Above an hour ago," I replied.
"Oh," she said, "he likes to take his time...maybe three more hours?"
"We can get out of here and stop him," I said.
"Do you know what he would do to me if we did that?" She asked.
"I'm sorry," I said, "it's alright."
"I'll try to get you out of here somehow," Harley said, "to make it look like an accident...but for now-"
She kissed me on the lips. I ran my fingers through her blue and pink hair. I broke away from the kiss and admired her beauty. She had beautiful eyes and blue and pink eyeshadow. I rubbed my thumb over her cheek and traced the line of eye shadow going down it. She smiled slightly. Her eyes were extremely red from crying.
"Don't cry," I said. "You have nothing to cry about."
"I have many things to cry about," she replied, "but you're not one."
She wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder and buried her face in the side of my neck. Her face was cold.
Then she started crying hysterically, more than I had ever seen it before.
"What's wrong?" I asked wiping hair away from her face.
"I never wanted this to happen," she said, "I never wanted to be a criminal...it was all Joker's fault. I couldn't escape...I had no say in any of this. And now I can't get away and if I try he does bad things to me...you don't understand-"
"I can help you," I said, "I will help you-"
"No," she said, "please...if you love me then don't."

We had kissed and talked for a little while longer.
"The Joker could be back anytime now," she said sliding out of my lap. She walked around behind me and tied my hands behind my back. She then took the blindfold and put it around me. I couldn't see her anymore, I couldn't see her beautiful face.
"I love you Bruce," she said. "I really do."
"I really love you too," I replied.
She held my face with her hands and then kissed me. She then took duct tape and placed it over my mouth. She stroked my hair and then I heard her footsteps walk away.

Suddenly I heard the doors to the warehouse bust open and heavy footsteps walk through.
"We got a wad of cash Harley!" I heard the Joker say.
"Oh goodie!" She said enthusiastically and clapping her hands.
"Have you met our prisoner yet?" The Joker asked.
"Yeah a little bit," Harley replied.
I smirked slightly.
"He's a very rich man Harley," The Joker said, "we're gonna get all of his money...take Wayne's blind fold off!"

I heard footsteps walk toward me and then suddenly I could see again.
"Hello Bruce," the Joker said standing in front of me. "I'm back. Now, let's talk about our deal."