Chapter 3

One of his henchmen ripped the duct tape off of my mouth tearing so of my beard stubble off. I gritted my teeth together.
"What do you bastards want?" I asked.
"Money," the Joker replied, "what else? As long as we have you here we can get whatever we want from you...now shall I give a price? One million dollars...come on Bruce, I know you're rich."
"You aren't going to get anything from me," I said jerking in my seat, "nothing."
"Very well then," the Joker said, "well just have to do some persuading..."

He reached down to his belt buckle and undid his belt.
"Joker..." one of his henchmen said surprised.
"GET YOUR DIRTY MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER," the Joker yelled at him and took of his belt.
His gripped his belt firmly, striding towards me with a devilish face. He took both ends of it and snapped it. He then made a clean slash across my face with the belt. He then continued to whip my face with the belt over and over until I could feel blood started to drop from my face.
"Stop," I said with a weak voice, "please."
But the Joker still whipped me. And just when I thought I was going to give out, a voice echoed through the building.
"Puddin!" I heard Harley's voice exclaimed. I opened my eyes and saw her walking towards the Joker. "That is enough."
"Excuse me?" The Joker asked, looking down upon her.
"I said that is enough!" She repeated. "He's had enough! He told you to stop! He'll give you the-"
Suddenly the Joker whipped her face and she gasped falling to the ground. She looked up and had a diagonal line of blood going across her face. Tears started to stream down her face and she sobbed loudly.
"OH SHUT UP YOU SLUT," The Joker said kicking her in the side. She started to cry even more.
"LEAVE HER ALONE," I shouted, "SHE DOESN'T NEED YOU...JUST LET HER GO...YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T LOVE HER...LET HER LEAVE YOU JOKER..."
"Bruce Wayne's trying to take a stand is he?" The Joker said making his way toward me again. "How sweet..."
"I'll give you the money," I said, "only under one condition."
"What is it?" The Joker asked.
"Let Harley go," I said, "and never see her again...ever."
"As you wish," the Joker said, "so as I expect if I let you go you will go straight to your building and get me the money? Come back here and Harley will be on her way."
"Yes," I replied with a nod.

The henchmen untied me and I straightened out my clothes. I exited the building and then walked through town and found the Wayne Enterprises building...or maybe they didn't need the money.
I walked back to my car and slowly got in and rushed off and drove home. When I got home I ran down to the bat cave and suited up. I wasn't going to give them the money...I was going to make sure the Joker was ended once and for all.