Chapter 4

I sped through Gotham in the batmobile. I came upon the warehouse in no time. I busted the door open and entered. The Joker, Harley Quinn, and their crew stood there amazed and filled with fright.

"It's the bat!" One of the henchmen exclaimed.

"Well what are you waiting for?!" The Joker yelled, "Kill him!"

The got their guns out and started shooting. I grappled into the ceiling and around the room, dodging all of the bullets. Soon all of their guns ran out of ammo.

"J," one of the henchmen said, "I forgot to bring extra."

"What?!" The Joker yelled grabbing him by the shirt collar.

"I didn't think we'd need it!"

The Joker pulled a dagger out of his pocket and stabbed it in the henchman's shoulder. The henchman sunk to the ground and lied there sobbing.

"Time to take things into my own hands," the Joker said.

"No!" Harley screamed landing on the ground and wrapping her arms around his leg.

"Get off of me!" The Joker yelled shaking his head.

"Don't touch him!" Harley said.

I glided down onto the floor and walked slowly towards them.

"You have a crush on the bat, huh?" The Joker asked.

"NO," Harley yelled. "I LOVE YOU MISTAH J."

I stopped in my tracks, unable to believe what I was hearing. Then I started to realize how stupid I was. I had fallen in love with someone how belonged in an insane asylum. I let her trick me into thinking she wasn't crazy when she really was. She couldn't make her mind. Her brain was all jumbled and she was so vulnerable to being brainwashed.

"You make me feel loved," Harley said to Joker, "I used to think that you didn't love me but you haven't killed me yet!"

"That's true," the Joker said, "now let go."

"No," Harley said, "don't touch him. He'll let us go...he won't turn us in."

Harley looked up at me, tears flooding her eyes. I would always care for her and I would want her to be happy. This was the only way I could ever make her happy.

"I won't turn you in," I said, "but if we meet again..."

"That won't happen," the Joker said.

"It better not," I said.

I felt somewhat heartbroken but also relieved. I wouldn't have to live life under pressure and worrying. I could be free.

I turned around and walked out of the warehouse. I got into the batmobile and sped off through Gotham and all the way back to the cave. I ripped off my mask and sat down.

Harley was free now off with the Joker. I had betrayed my job, I had betrayed Gotham. I knew we would cross paths again anyways, I just didn't know when. I didn't need Harley...I never needed her at all. I thought I did but I was crazy. Harley said love made you crazy but crazy made you crazy...if that makes sense at all. I knew we would both have better lives if we were separated. She was happy anyways. I would have a good live for sure...even if everything around me was broken.