2 | monster-like demon

I wake up, slowly opening my eyes. I feel the eye boogers crust up, so I wipe them off, wincing at how disgusting humans are. Then, suddenly I remember what happened last night. Wait, shit, there was a whole mAN IN MY ROOM. I glance at the ring wrapped around my finger and emotionlessly laugh to myself. I walk very, very slowly towards my closet, then open it.

"Huh? He isn't here... Oh. Oh! I knew it! It was all a dream, I used to read word up magazines-- "

"Oh my gosh, shut up! You can't rap like the Notorious B.I.G. Your brother and I are still trying to sleep!" I hear from underneath my bed. "Why did I even bother taking Human Music classes just to be tortured with this-"

I silently curse myself before bending down to look at him. His golden eyes flash at my eyes before going back to dark brown. "Holy shoot, that scared me! Your freaking eyes- Why are you underneath my bed?" I scream, pulling him out.

"I told you to be quiet! I closed your closet in case your brother came to check on you... Then I remembered that I have to hide somewhere. So I went underneath your bed and dozed off. You know, some people who don't have closets, their monsters stay under their bed. Which is gross, in my opinion, because bestie you have questionable things here. Your fashion sense is questionable too, actually so nevermind-"

"You could've just slept in the closet. Are you stupid? Wait!" I pull out a wide open book underneath my bed. "You read my diary?!" I screamed. My diary I've been using since when I was 12. My poor life and emo phase and the time I saw Zendaya and started questioning... No realistic crushes, but it's still embarrassing.

"A diarrhea? What's that? And you should go erase all of the lines where you said that monsters aren't real," he says. "And you seem like a terrible kid to have. I can't deal with all these phases, that would be embarrassing for me."

"Well... A diary is what people write in to tell about their lives... Diarrhea is just... no. And there's no way in hell that I'm gonna waste my beautiful erasers on what I wrote," I say, trying to keep calm. "If I want to erase the false and embarrassing things, might as well burn the whole book. By the way, what do you demons eat?" I add, walking to the kitchen. Is this, like, a kid that I have to feed and water and give sunlight to?

"Monsters. We're called monsters. But... We don't usually eat. We only eat twice a year all together. We're never hungry-- What's this?" he says when I put some ramen in his face.

"Well.. I suck at cooking so you're gonna have ramen for breakfast. And you were beginning to ramble so I tried to make something fast... To shut you up," I say, pushing a few noodles into his mouth.

"This is actually really good," he says.

"Awe how flattering," I scrunch my nose. "Well, while you enjoy that, I have a job to attend to so-- "

"I have to go with you in case something happens," he says, causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Umm... what? But you're going to have to work there, eat there, or sit there bored the whole time. So if you insist... But don't worry. I only work for like 3 hours since I'm just a semi-new part-timer," I say, running to the bathroom with my work uniform. I put the white button-up on with a high-waisted black skirt right underneath. I put my hair into a neat enough bun and then I run over to my room to see Jungkook looking through a random bag.

"What's that?" I say, pointing at the red bag.

"It's a bag."

"Bitch, I'm not stupid. I know it's a bag. But where is it from?"

"I brought from the monster world. I take my fashion sense very seriously unlike someone," he says, grabbing some white shirts and some timberlands out of the bag. Oh no. "Also, what does 'bitch' mean? Is it a curse word? I only know like 2 curse words. I slacked in the human languages classes I took. "

"It means a female dog."

"A female dog? So, I'm a female dog? You're biologically a female according to your breasts, though. It makes more sense to call you a bitch. Hi, bitch!"

"No! It's a bad word. Don't do that," I say, laughing. He scratches his neck confusedly as he sets out the outfit. "Anyway... those clothes look exactly the same as our clothes," I say.

"Yeah, but it's better," he says. "Now, where can I change? I could change here if you want--"

"Go to the freaking closet, idiot, or at the end of this hallway, there's a bathroom," I say. He nods then walks to the closet.

What did I get myself into?! I should've just kept the closet closed... Well, you gots to see it through, ma boi.

"Done!" he says, walking out of the closet.

"What? How? That was less than a minute," I say, looking at the time off of my phone.

"Magic," he says, ruffling my hair.

"Great. You just messed up my hair. And by the way, you didn't tell me how you know my name," I say.

"Well, you're my first and hopefully only acquaintance... Just to make sure I am ready for everything... I studied every single thing and took all the classes and all of that... I memorized your name and everything recently. But, Yoomi, keep your hair down, it's pretty that way," he says.

"Wait-- Studied me? That's giving stalker! Monster my ass," I say, fixing my hair down.

"No! I know all of the things your closest friends would be able to know about you!" he says.

"Yeah, right-- We are gonna be late!" I scream, grabbing his hand and running to the cafe near my house. When we get there, I try catching my breath and adjusting my hair again.

"Uhh..," Jungkook says, eyeing our hands that are still attached together.

"Oh, sorry," I say, taking my hand away.

"Oh! Hello, Miss Yoomi! Your hair is quite amazing today!" my boss says when we walk into the cafe. "Who is this?"

"Him? He's my friend."

"Boyfriend," Jungkook interrupts. "She's just a little shy."

...what

"Ummm.... Excuse me, ma'am," I say, bowing to my boss. I pull Jungkook's hand and ran out of the cafe. "BOYFRIEND?!" I say, pushing him.

"Dude, chillax. It's not like I want to. It's in the monster laws. It states that if we are assigned to the opposite gender, we need to pretend we're dating. If we don't, the ring will start to change color. The closer the ring gets to red, then it will start to crack, breaking it. Oh, and it'll burn you and sting you, I guess. It sounds complicated but I promise it's not that hard. I'll explain all of the laws to you when we get home," he says, starting to walk towards the door.

"Burn me and sting me? The ring... Opposite gender-- You better explain it to me completely. But just so you know, I don't like you like that and I never will so I'm not planning on doing anything romantic with you," I say. "Would that be beastiality? Ew--"

"It's not whatever you think it is," he says, turning around so I bump into his chest. "And whatever you say, princess, but I'm pretty charming."